Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stranded at 18th and F

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stranded at 18th and F
    Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:27am
Last night, slugging was slooooooooooooooooooooooow - got to the line at 5:05 and ended up catching a cab to Rolling Valley with 3 others at 6pm. (for those of you considering catching a cab if stranded, the fare was $51 for the 4 of us.)

There were still 10 - 15 others in line. If you were one of them, I'm curious to know how you got back.

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:39am
For future reference, and in an attempt to offer a helpful alternative ... the Metro blue line to Springfield coupled with the Metro 18S or Fairfax Connecter 305 bus (or even a taxi) to Rolling Valley would probably have been less expensive (especially with a bus transfer). [:)]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:33am
Yes, and an hour longer.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 10:41am
DC2RV,
That's true if you don't have the time to spare.
Hope it goes better for you today. [:)]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 11:18am
It will - I drove. (I drive 2x per week.) Given the long lines, I'm thinking more people should drive once or twice a week as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic