Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner road pick-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horner road pick-up
    Posted: 06 Dec 2002 at 9:28am
Slug pick-up at Horner road is getting very messy thanks to several drivers that are passing the established line to snatch riders ahead of others that wait patiently.

Riders: I implore you to say no to the folks that cut, your encouraging their behavior.

Drivers that cut: You are rude and inconsiderate! Get back in line! [:(!]
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2002 at 3:59pm
I have caught the same lady 3 times at Horner " about 7:00 " and said something to her. The last time she said we move too slow. I have seen her do this many of times so I say something every time I see her do it b/c she is going the same place as me 14th and Penn. She is usually in the back of the line and asks if they will take a 3rd then jumps in without telling anyone. So I make sure I watch her now when she is at the back of the line.. [;)]
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2002 at 4:37pm
swichowski,

Are you referring to a slug or to Mike's reference to drivers that's messing up Horner rd? If it's a slug, you definitely need to tell her to get back in line because she apparently is aware of her actions. Your moving too slow is no excuse for her cutting in line. But if you're talking about a driver (I don't think so), then she absolutely must not cut/snatch riders. It's tempting to jump in someones car when you have some distance to walk to the slug line, especially when it's cold. But for the sake of the system, DO NOT CHEAT!

gg
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2002 at 8:01am
She is a slug! She said we were slow but when you have 10-20 people in front of you I call out the destination again so I wont cut off someone who did not hear the person call out. A couple of people have told her to get back in line. She usually goes up to the car and asks if they will take a 3rd and just jumps in and not tell anyone.
Mulligan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2002 at 8:45am
This morning, I apparently cut in line. For this I apologize. I've only been picking up people to the Pentagon for about a week and a half now. Every time I have entered the Horner Road lot from the PW PkWy, the lane on the right of the entrance road has turned left to be the pickup line for Crystal City/Pentagon/Roslyn, and the left lane has continued through to either park or, I assume, turn left to pick up riders to points in the city. Today it was the opposite. I followed the same path I have been, and didn't even realise that I was cutting. I have looked at the map for Horner Road on this web site, and I also don't remember any signs specifying which lane on the access road is for what. I think maybe someone should make a sign or, alternatively, put something in the listing for the lot on this web site explaining which lane goes where.

Again, my apologies for unknowingly cutting in line.
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2002 at 12:28pm
Mulligan,

It definitely is confusing. From the Parkway, as you enter the access road, the lane on the left turns left then veers to the right side (so as to make a clear lane for passing cars on the left) then right onto the island.

The lane on the right is where cars can make a right turn into the HOV lanes and bypass the parking lot. As you proceed into the parking lot, there is right turn arrow painted on the road and people should turn right, but often turn left, thus cutting across the left lane line of cars and either park or head towards the DC line. The left lane of cars often leave a gap at the point where you turn left so that cars not in line can cut through the line.

The map on this site could be more refined, and I might just make a better map (hopefully) and submit it to the admin and see if he is willing to post it.

Did I make things more confusing?

gg
Mulligan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2002 at 12:51pm
gg,

I think I get it now, but I still don't understand why people (and maybe I'm being naive here) can't do it that way every day. I was conviced that the left access lane was for parking/Dc and the right one was for arlington. Oh well. Live and learn.

Mulligan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic