Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boycott Potomac Mills Mall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 3:57pm

First of all, I never said I didnt have a car. EE does not according to him/her. I do. A Prius. I also park where PM says for employees of the mall to park, which i might add is no where near any of the entrances but tis a nice 2 minute walk which is nice in the am.
EE2000 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EE2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 4:10pm
Wayne,

What really got me was they are complaining when there is another lot that is perfectly usable but no one uses it because it happens to be out of the way or not convenient enough for them.

Again I was just trying to point out how it look to others. I could care less what PM does, as I don't live anywhere near there.

Laterider--

What I said in my previous post was basically this, and no where did I say I parked in the lot ( if so please point it out. ) I did when I actually owned a car.

I work at a place that rents out some of the parking spaces to a few businesses in the area. If where I work at has something going on we cannot use those spaces, therefore making it difficult to park the cars that need to be park in our lot if there is a lot of cars that need to use it, then yes we block in those cars that pay to park there, however they do realize that we sometimes have to do that.

I also said that I couldn't get mad at them for parking in the lot because we allow them to do so, however they pay us and at anytime we can revoke that privilege, or if we have something very large going on and we really need those spaces we will have them move there cars for the time we need the spaces.

EE2000
EE2000 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EE2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 4:16pm
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne

First of all, I never said I didnt have a car. EE does not according to him/her. I do. A Prius. I also park where PM says for employees of the mall to park, which i might add is no where near any of the entrances but tis a nice 2 minute walk which is nice in the am.

But no, I am suppose to be you or someone named green or married to you or something like that.

Kinda hard to be you,or married to you when I live in Loundon County and you live in PWC.

Since you work at the mall you may be privy to this. Does PM tell business that rent from them that they have so many parking spaces for customers and employee's. I know at the strip mall where I catch the bus allocates so many spaces to the smaller shops in the strip mall, so the whole parking lot isn't just for the grocery store. Just wondering if PM does the same thing.

EE2000
Wayne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 5:22pm

Dear EE,

From what I know, it is in the contract leases with the other stores and shops and such, especially the big ones like Steve & Barrys, JC Penney, Costco, Etc... These stores pay rent and a part of that rent covers them having so many spots, whether they are used or not. Though we all hope for full lots with a ton of shoppers in the mall. So you can imagine what happens when the mall gives 950 (tho they only have to have 275 for commuters) and one day there are nearly 1400 commuters in the lot. THe big stores were up in arms, their customers complained according to a friend who is an asst mgr at one of the big stores that there was no parking reasonably close for them to get to the store. So my friend said that according to their contract, the mall had to make sure X amount of spots were available in certain parking lots around the mall or the mall would face financial and legal ramifications for not holding up their end of their lease.
ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 9:52pm
quote:
Originally posted by Late rider
[So why would you even waste your time and reply to the posts here?

typical Late Rider response. don't agree with Late Rider's point of view on PM, then just stop posting here. do be careful, one would think that Late Rider's warning would only mean the PM boycott threads. actually, he will start tracking you through this whole board. apparently, if you don't agree with every poster here on the board, you are a disloyal slug and shouldn't be here at all.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 10:27pm
So I haven't posted on here in ages and when I do it is usually in regards to the 234 lot which still hasn't been expanded but that's another story. I had to finally respond to this one because the first 8 pages were amusing but now its just silly. PM only has to give 275 spots but out of the concern for the community they triple it. Now because people are abusing the priviledge they have to enforce the rules because they are legally required to and you all are complaining...that's funny. It reminds me of the kid from Willy Wonka who wants it all-all the time. Spoiled to the max.
See the link below on how others are viewing slugs.
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=670940

CJ
EE2000 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EE2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 9:47am
quote:
Originally posted by CJ

So I haven't posted on here in ages and when I do it is usually in regards to the 234 lot which still hasn't been expanded but that's another story. I had to finally respond to this one because the first 8 pages were amusing but now its just silly. PM only has to give 275 spots but out of the concern for the community they triple it. Now because people are abusing the priviledge they have to enforce the rules because they are legally required to and you all are complaining...that's funny. It reminds me of the kid from Willy Wonka who wants it all-all the time. Spoiled to the max.
See the link below on how others are viewing slugs.
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=670940

CJ

I posted that rant, and I also showed everyone how to get there. Since I am a member I generally as a rule don't post to other forums. I can tell you how to get there. I did however post a link to the main slug site, just not to the forums on here.

Ceejay,

It will take more then someone questioning me on why I am posting to leave a forum.

I also believe that just because I do not slug, that I do not know what I am talking about. I drive passed PM all the time where I work has a location in Dale City and gasp the exit I take is the same one for PM. I also go down Minnieville Rd often, sometimes its quicker to get back to 95 that way then down Dale Blvd.

Wayne,

That is what I thought, I know that in GA a lot of strip mall contracts are like that, some even have posted signs about which spaces belong to which stores. I see it up here as well.

EE

Mike2854 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2854 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 1:31pm
Does anyone have the link to the NBC4 video?
ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 10:25pm
quote:
Originally posted by EE2000
Ceejay,

It will take more then someone questioning me on why I am posting to leave a forum.

I also believe that just because I do not slug, that I do not know what I am talking about. I drive passed PM all the time where I work has a location in Dale City and gasp the exit I take is the same one for PM. I also go down Minnieville Rd often, sometimes its quicker to get back to 95 that way then down Dale Blvd.
EE

good for you, EE. now where IS late rider? haven't seen he/she/it for a while.
757slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 4:48pm
Once again I question ????, why is it always the people that do not even park or slug from PM that voice their differences or opinion. Park or slug from PM then post a reply. We have yet to hear from one person that had a different point of view that actually parked, pickup, or slug from PM

Let me take that back. To those that offered alternative solutions. My apologies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic