Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

19th & F line to Bob's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19th & F line to Bob's
    Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 3:49pm
Woud someone please let me know where the riders go these days to wait for cars? The area where the line would form was fenced off for construction. Yesterday, I drove by to pick up riders, but no one was there waiting. I came by at 5:40, so it was unlikely that all riders were picked up.

Thanks!

hmichael
dudte View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 12:39pm
I found riders on the NW corner last weeek where they have been for a year or more. Quite some time back, when I was strictly a rider, we lined up on the SW corner with the cue running south down 19th. When GW did a bunch of construction the line starting forming on the north side of the intersection. I've cont'd to find the line there on the NW corner even last week. It looked a little haggard - the line - but people were there. Maybe some of the riders - DC2RV maybe?- can keep us posted as to changes in the location. I've found the line quite long both early - 3:30 to 4:00 and late 5:30 - 6:00. My schedule varies. Maybe it was just a brief lag in the line?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 7:25am
The line is still forming there, despite the fence.

guishermo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guishermo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:29pm
I pick up riders from there, and
sometimes there are some, and sometimes
there aren't any.
I always get ther by 5 to 5:30
When there aren't any, I go
to the washington monument.

Slugging till HOT
springfieldslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfieldslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 3:22pm
There are always riders on 19&F... the line is really long that the wait time, especially for those with RV destination, has been between 30-40 minutes, easily.

I would prefer to change the location back to the original place, due to the current construction. Is there a way to put an alert for everyone to notice?
dudte View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 9:44pm
In the past the switching from one side to the other and even the moving from close to the corner to further south was "decided" by the first people arriving in the early afternoon. Once the first two or three riders staked out a spot the line did not easily move. Occassionally someone would try to seize control and urge everyone to move. We'd all shuffle along, wondering if it was really worth the effort. In my experience as an early rider the GW construction drove us south, almost to hte 7/11, then north across F street. Now the construction is pushing riders out to the street and into the bus stop area.

I'll look for all my favorite RV riders on the south side of F tomorrow. GW is done w/ construction and the sidewalk is wide open. But you will have to make the first move...south, riders, south!
guishermo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guishermo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 11:15am
Ok, so riders, I'll be picking up
riders on the south side of F street
as well I think.

See you.
dudte View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 6:53pm
I was too late Wed eve - went down 19th at 6:30. Did the line move to the south side of 19th? And I was way too early today - 2:00.
springfieldslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfieldslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 10:49am
hi dudte (and others)-

Yes, the 19th & F slug line moved to its original location (since last week) due to construction currently happening in the building across from GW. The slug line is on the south side of the intersection (19 & F) as drivers go south on 19th street.
dudte View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 8:21pm
Short line south of intersection at 5:00 this evening. Worked well. Hop in - let's go home!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic