Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to the Area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USSS43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the Area
    Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 11:27am
All,

Heard about this while I was down at Langley Air Force Base, VA. I recently accepted a position in our nations capital. I was looking for information on getting from Bolling Air Force Base to downtown DC around 950 H St SW.

Any info would be gretaly appreciated. Thanks and look forward to your responses.

Elliot

mln
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008 at 9:23am
I've heard there's a shuttle that goes from Bolling to the Pentagon for DoD folks, although I don't know when it starts/stops. From there, metro should work to get you close.
tdrcas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrcas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 3:47pm
This is the link to the DOD schedule: http://www.bolling.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=9303

Bolling use to have a bus that brought you to the Anacostia metro, I don't know if it still does. There is also a city bus that stops near both gates.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 5:08pm
The Metro bus schedule for the southbound W4 Route shows that there a bus about every 20 mins to the Anacostia Metro Station from the Bolling AFB Main gate (at South Capitol and Malcolm X Blvd) beginning at 5:50 AM. It's a 5 to 10 minute ride. You could take one of those buses and then use the Metrorail system to go to a station near your downtown work location.

To see the entire W4 Route bus schedule, go to
http://www.wmata.com/timetables/dc/W4.pdf .

Good luck.
[:)]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 8:01am
Welcome to the madness.

As the previous posts imply, slugging won't be an option for you as your commute is within DC (slugging is VA to points in VA or DC). Public transportation is probably your best bet.

Good luck.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 5:32pm
... There was a news article in the last week or two that reported the planned streetcar route from Bolling to the Anacostia Metro station, that was going to be the first route of the new DC streetcar system, has again been put on hold pending futher DC City Council review. Here's the link to the article:
http://www.examiner.com/a-1475394~Councilman_stalls_streetcar_plans_in_Anacostia.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic