Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What would you do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadams08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What would you do?
    Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 9:15am
What would be the "proper procedure" if you are standing in line and along with your fellow slugs, no one has an umbrella, becasue no one thought it would rain. Then all of a sudden it begins to rain.

Do you get out of line and return to your car to get an umbrella?

or Do you tough it out in line? or

do you wait for the suckers to leave and then move to the front of the line?
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 1:21pm
Easy: there are rain shelters at most slug lots.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 4:09pm
If it's rainy hard, I go to my car get the umbrella, knowing that I will probably lose my spot in line and graciously accept that result. If its sprinkling I just tough it out.

CJ
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 10:31pm
I would boycott Potomac Mills Mall because it's their fault for not installing covered parking to keep slugs dry
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:15pm
quote:
Originally posted by blacksky

I would boycott Potomac Mills Mall because it's their fault for not installing covered parking to keep slugs dry

[:D] That was AWESOME!!!
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 3:40pm
I carry an umbrella in my briefcase. (Yes I'm a former Boy Scout)
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 7:56am
While not a former boy scout, I also carry an umbrella and a raincoat. Getting thoroughly soaked one time was all the convincing I needed...
Phyllis.Miriashtiani View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyllis.Miriashtiani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 3:16pm
[?]Along this topic, I was standing in a slug line in the rain one day and the lady at the front of the line had no umbrella. The gentleman behind her offered to cover her with his umbrella but she refused and she was soaked as it was raining quite hard. As I neared the front of the line, a gentleman approached me and told me he was in front of me in line but had been waiting under a covered spot. I was quite surprised and pointed to the poor lady who had waited in the line without an umbrella because I didn't know the proper protocol for this. Is this acceptable? To figure your spot in the line and then go under cover until it's about to be your turn???
jadams08 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadams08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 3:19pm
quote:
Originally posted by toomuchcoffeelady

Easy: there are rain shelters at most slug lots.

Not at the 610 lot, and the small shelter for the Martz bus, could not hold all the slugs that slug out of that lot!
jadams08 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadams08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 3:22pm
quote:
Originally posted by Phyllis.Miriashtiani

[?]Along this topic, I was standing in a slug line in the rain one day and the lady at the front of the line had no umbrella. The gentleman behind her offered to cover her with his umbrella but she refused and she was soaked as it was raining quite hard. As I neared the front of the line, a gentleman approached me and told me he was in front of me in line but had been waiting under a covered spot. I was quite surprised and pointed to the poor lady who had waited in the line without an umbrella because I didn't know the proper protocol for this. Is this acceptable? To figure your spot in the line and then go under cover until it's about to be your turn???

See thats the issue, you leave and the person who was holding your spot got picked up and nobody remembers you......so you now have to go to the back of the line!!!! I think not[:0][B)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic