Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pot Mills Rent A Cops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 10:45am
I think you care way more than we do. You go with the flow. No drivers - then we'll move to another lot or continue to take the bus. Its called flexibility which you don't have. Having a car towed is a real pain and if it happens, it happens, you can't always control everything. I don't like it but whatever. The one that bulldog points out that I'm going to put into place immediately is parking in different areas. That's a great idea and will confuse the worker bees. So some good points did come out of the post after all. Have a great weekend!!!!! Time to go out and PAR-TAY.[:X]
racdgordon View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racdgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 11:46am
[size=1]
quote:
Originally posted by koakui

Well I got to Potomac this morning about 8:30 and parked my car and one of those rent a cops harrassed me. I told them you are not the police and if you touch my car or tow it I will sue you. I work for attorneys, try me. I gave them a business card and they backed up. We'll see if my car is there tonight. I'm going to continue to park there as long as drivers will pick me up and I don't care what they say. Its my right and I'm going to exercise it. I got pepper spray for the next encounter. I can use it if I'm feeling threaten so I will. I need to get to work just like they do and I'm not going to drive and waste my money but I will take the bus. I'm very flexible. [:X]

[size=2][size=3]KOAKUI,
I am a commuter who lawfully uses my PRIVILEGE to park at Potomac Mills. I work at Law Firm currently and I am a former Law Enforcement Officer. First, Potomac Mills - all of the property within Potomac Mills Circle - is PRIVATE PROPERTY. It is not your RIGHT to park there. Before the Security Officers began enforcement of parking in the commuter lot (as it exists now, clearly marked), they attempted to enlighten all of us with the new commuter parking guidelines by leaving a flier on all of our vehicles. As read in past posts, that was nearly 1000 vehicles. (Since opening in 1985, Potomac Mills has honored the proffer agreement with the county to provide 275 commuter parking spaces.) The Security Officers distributed fliers daily, up to the date that was chosen (Monday, June 16, 2008) for the enforcement of the new parameters - at the direction of Mall Management. The commuter parking area is usually at capacity by 7:30am or so. Therefore, if one wishes to utilize the parking area, they must arrive EARLY to insure they have a place to park. This is what I do on a daily basis and I have not encountered any problems. KOAKUI, I have read your other posts and I'm bothered with the fact that you openly make threats and display your POOR ETHICS and POOR GRAMMAR. I would hope that the Law Firm that employs you does not back FALSE ALIBIS as well. As I've learned, the mall is open Monday - Saturday 10:00am - 9:30pm, Sundays 11:00am - 7:00pm. The Security Officers/Mall Management welcome patrons to browse starting at 9:00am, weekdays (the time at which HOV lanes are open). Mall employees, contractors and "mall walkers" who have current registration are the only individuals who have access before 9:00am. Therefore, if you are in the building prior to that, YOU ARE TRESPASSING!!! The Security Officers can enforce that as well. As for identifying the many vehicles that they utilize for enforcement, you forgot that there are many cameras watching you as well! So, rather than trying to get around the rules, why not arrive earlier? You would not have a problem finding a spot and you would not have to resort to posting IDIOTIC comments. By the way KOAKUI, I AM FEMALE AS WELL. I really despise feeling included in your statement: "You haven't been with a woman, we can spend a lot of time in a mall plus there are movies, etc." SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!!! TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS!!!
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 1:08pm
racdgordon = win

koakui = fail
sLugLiFe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sLugLiFe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 2:22pm
meauw
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 3:29pm
Koakui - was it you I saw on Jerry Springer last week? Who sprays a rent a cop with pepper spray on their way to their job at a law firm?

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
757slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 3:34pm
Do they ask u to move your car if its 8:30? Was the lot full ?
Wayne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 4:02pm
I hope you do spray someone with your mace/pepper spray. Thats an assault charge. And as for you having aright to park here, PM is Private Property. It may be a business thats open to the public, but you can be banned form the property, you can be arrested, etc just like if you were to go to another business thats public access on Private Property.

I do not want to see anyone sprayed, or see you get arrested and charged, but I think it would set a nice example. Hell, I'll even let you do the same to me because sweetheart, I will press charges then I will sue you. now, go ask your lawyers you work for about htat!
racdgordon View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racdgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 6:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by 757slugger

Do they ask u to move your car if its 8:30? Was the lot full ?

Good Afternoon! Since I've been parking at Potomac Mills for quite some time, I've actually had the pleasure of speaking to some of the Security Staff there. They have been extremely courteous and some can/will suggest other places in the immediate area where commuters can park. The bottom line is that when the lot is full, it is full. The lot may not be filled to capacity by 7:30am every day. For example, on Fridays, one can usually find spots up to 9:00am. Good luck!
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 6:36pm
Those were some of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read. Koakui IF you are a real lawyer, you must be either a very junior lawyer or not a very good one since A) You work for a DC law firm but can't afford to live closer and must ride the bus and B) Don't understand basic laws related to private property. There are additional problems with stuff you spouted but I haven't the energy to type them all. The word ENTITLEMENT should be banned from the English language. No one is entitled to anything, least of all a free parking space at a private business you are not even patronizing. Lawyers are a dime a dozen, open your own firm in Prince William COunty, I'm sure there's room for one more ambulance chaser, then you won't have to take the bus!

CJ
ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 10:26pm
quote:
Originally posted by koakui

I think you care way more than we do. You go with the flow. No drivers - then we'll move to another lot or continue to take the bus. Its called flexibility which you don't have. Having a car towed is a real pain and if it happens, it happens, you can't always control everything. I don't like it but whatever. The one that bulldog points out that I'm going to put into place immediately is parking in different areas. That's a great idea and will confuse the worker bees. So some good points did come out of the post after all. Have a great weekend!!!!! Time to go out and PAR-TAY.[:X]

done PAR-TAYing, sweetie? was your car still there after you made an ass of yourself? see, sometimes even baby legal eagles get towed. but ADULTS know that you need to work within the rules. from your posts, you are not an adult. fly away baby legal eagle, until some smarter partner clips your little wings. it's okay, you'll grow up. it happens to all of us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic