Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pot Mills Rent A Cops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pot Mills Rent A Cops
    Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 4:13pm
Well I got to Potomac this morning about 8:30 and parked my car and one of those rent a cops harrassed me. I told them you are not the police and if you touch my car or tow it I will sue you. I work for attorneys, try me. I gave them a business card and they backed up. We'll see if my car is there tonight. I'm going to continue to park there as long as drivers will pick me up and I don't care what they say. Its my right and I'm going to exercise it. I got pepper spray for the next encounter. I can use it if I'm feeling threaten so I will. I need to get to work just like they do and I'm not going to drive and waste my money but I will take the bus. I'm very flexible. [:X]
3-For-HOV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-For-HOV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 4:26pm
http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9104

This topic (linked above) has already been beaten to death.

It is not your right to park on private property, which Potomac Mills is. If you are not parking within the designated area for commuters, then they have a right to tow you and stick you with the bill -- regardless of who you work for.

If the "cops" feel threatened by you, then they have the right to call Prince William County police on you or enforce the rules by whatever means they choose.

If you need to get to work, then you need to find another lot or take the bus, as you mentioned.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 4:30pm
I will take the bus from the Potomac Mills lot. I actually shop there too so I'm entitled. I talked to my area supervisor and she said as long as I do enter into the mall and do some shopping I'm entitled. So I'll go in and buy a soda if my car is towed - proves I was shopping. I'll get a receipt. I'm just a little smarter than you. lol No offense. [:D]

Cruisin in HOV
3-For-HOV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-For-HOV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 4:37pm
You don't know me so don't make DUMB statements about being smarter. Your post 'speaks' volumes about your intelligence. No offense can be taken if I don't choose to accept it.

So your car is towed, say around 9:00am and your receipt states you bought your soda at 5:00pm. Do you have an alibi to explain why your car was parked at PM for more time than it takes to buy a soda? Maybe your attorneys can help answer that one.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 4:41pm
You haven't been with a woman, we can spend a lot of time in a mall plus there are movies, etc. I've spent all day at the mall hun. You don't get super cute by sitting in an office all day, that's for sure. Got to burn some calories and also do some shopping. So there ya go. I'm glad you were not offended. Sometimes people are shocked by my degree and how quickly I got it but book smarts have always come natural to me. Thanks for the compliment! [8D]
bulldog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 4:43pm
I had one of those stupid little rent a cops try to figure out where I parked when they saw me walking by, and for the 5th time threatening to tow my car if it wasn't parked in the commuter area. I gave the JERK the same answer that I always tell them "You have to find my car first goofball". and kept walking. This one was sitting in their own vehicle that wasn't marked. An older Mitsubishi Montero faded grayish in color. hahaha! What a bunch of goofballs!!!!!!!!
3-For-HOV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-For-HOV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 4:45pm
I don't recall giving any compliments, Ms. Struthers.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 4:58pm
quote:
Originally posted by koakui

You haven't been with a woman, we can spend a lot of time in a mall plus there are movies, etc. I've spent all day at the mall hun. You don't get super cute by sitting in an office all day, that's for sure. Got to burn some calories and also do some shopping. So there ya go. I'm glad you were not offended. Sometimes people are shocked by my degree and how quickly I got it but book smarts have always come natural to me. Thanks for the compliment! [8D]

I doubt that if you tried to fight the fees and towing that you would have a case. All they have to do is go to your place of employment and subpoena your boss and time records to prove where you were when you were. I'd be surprised if your boss would appreciate the hassle or commit perjury. Have you asked the attorneys that you work for to lie for you?
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 6:14pm
Oh they aren't going to go thru all that and it would be hard to find out where I work but yes we do what it takes to get our employees here and on time. We've had to that before with jury duty and such so sometimes it can't be avoided. BUT my car was there so no worries. Another day free. I love what bulldog says. That's so classic. I guess everyone needs to feel important huh boys?

Cruisin in HOV
3-For-HOV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-For-HOV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 9:41pm
quote:
Originally posted by bulldog

I had one of those stupid little rent a cops try to figure out where I parked when they saw me walking by, and for the 5th time threatening to tow my car if it wasn't parked in the commuter area. I gave the JERK the same answer that I always tell them "You have to find my car first goofball". and kept walking. This one was sitting in their own vehicle that wasn't marked. An older Mitsubishi Montero faded grayish in color. hahaha! What a bunch of goofballs!!!!!!!!

Koakui/Bulldog,

So someone doing there job is a jerk? Sounds more like the other way around. We'll see who has the last laugh when drivers stop picking up PM slugs because there won't be any to pick up or when one day, you find that your car is towed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic