Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Thoughts, Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Thoughts, Please
    Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 1:34pm
The other evening a lady was near the front of a VERY long Route 3 slug-line at the Pentagon. As has been happening more and more lately, the line simply was not moving. Eventually, the lady called down to a friend or acquaintance of hers who was at the end of the line. The friend strained to hear what she was saying and then walked up to her. At this point the lady left the line and headed back to the Pentagon and the friend took her place, basically in one second moving from the end of the line to the beginning.

Reaction was pretty heated. Most people seemed pretty upset. A few though said that the lady had the right to give her spot to whomever she pleased. Others thought that the lady's spot should have gone to the person directly behind her. I really could see both sides and I wondered what the popular opinion is. BTW, I was not either of the participants! Thanks!
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 2:33pm
The friend jumped the line. It was a rude, obnoxious, self-centered act and she should be ostracized.

The lady near the front should not offer anyone an opportunity to jump in front of others who got there first - it's bound to cause hard feelings. One's position in a line is not something one can give away as one pleases. One has the option of walking away, but one does not have the power to promote someone else ahead of those who got there first.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 3:34pm
Perhaps both of them were new to the slug system? This incident reminds me of the post where someone asked if they could leave an article on the ground to hold their place in line while they sit in their car until a driver arrives.

I hope the next time someone tries to give their place in line to someone at the back, the other riders stop it.
writeshorti21 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote writeshorti21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 3:13pm
Too bad there is no formal way to ostracize an individual in the slugging system. It isn't like there is a way to rate the different bodysnatchers and slugs- unfortunately past that day I doubt it will really be remembered what these ladies did...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic