Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Appeal for change...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 4:47pm
That could be the guy, JS. He had a New Englander maybe Boston accent. Real Brash. Drove a little grey mercedes.

I was pleasantly surprised that he drove a Benz. I mean slugging in style right? But then it ends up being one of the most uncomfortable rides ever. I gues you can't judge a book by its cover.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 8:07am
quote:
Originally posted by lsbrkmn

Another issue I have with the failing system is the drivers liability for unknown riders. I had a situation as a driver a few years ago. I very heavy lady (over 300 lbs.) rode with me for several months as a slugger. She worked in an office close to mine in DC.

After a couple months, I noticed my back wheel was wobbling. I brought the car in to my mechanic. He asked me if I had been transporting heavy equipment in the back seat or trunk. I told him about my regular slugger. He asked if I had driven by any construction sites or pot holes with her in the car. I said yes I thought so, since there are many of both in DC. He said my rear axal had fractured and had to be replaced, due to the constant excessive weight in the back seat.

I told the woman about it and that I could no longer give her a ride. I never accused her of breaking the axal, and could have taken her to court to pay for the damages, but I didn't. It upset me that I was libel for the damages and she got to ride in my car for free for 2 months.

Some clout to your story:
Fat woman in a Kia... Multiple alignments at the dealer and it still pulls to the left.

http://canwest.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/canwest-globaledmonton-pub01-live/current/launch.html?maven_playerId=troubleshootermedium&maven_referralObject=3475882
Jerry Senfield View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 9:53am
I think that's the same guy. Bragging about being some sort of Cheif Financial Officer for a Non for profit Company ( don't see how that works).

He a silver Lexus not a Mercedes I remember this because as we were waiting for other slugs, he says " Those seats back there are heated, let me show you" and tried to crawl in the back seat.

I insisted that I didn't need to see a demonstration. He justed did some weird seal -like laugh.
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 10:25am
Wow that is totally the same guy...beware sluggers this fella is a strange bird. It was a Lexus I remember him commenting on how a Toyota just wouldn't do.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 10:35am
If he starts on about a job as a pool-boy, just get out of the car and run!
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 10:39am
Really who needs a pool boy in DC? I have a sister that worked in Pool management in the Northeast. She only worked a few months a year.
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 10:44am
Oh....It just dawned on me why someone would want a "pool boy," did he really ask you that?

Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 12:55pm
quote:
Originally posted by BabblinB

Wow that is totally the same guy...beware sluggers this fella is a strange bird. It was a Lexus I remember him commenting on how a Toyota just wouldn't do.

I sure hope he doesn't look too closely at the parts. Many are stamped inadequate for him...

Lexus and Toyota are the same company.

Now that you mention it, I did work for a shop and someone was having a Lexus serviced... And when a Toyota delivery guy pulled up with a Toyota labeled box of parts, the customer complained that I was putting the wrong parts on the wrong car.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 9:03am
That happens alot, I once owned a ford mustang only later to find out that it would only run on chevy gasoline.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic