Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how early can I get a ride at Pentagon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how early can I get a ride at Pentagon?
    Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 8:33am
With the bad weather today, how early do people start picking up at the Pentagon going to Route 17? If I get there at 3 will people be picking up?

Thanks
budro View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 8:36am
For that matter, does anyone pick up earlier, like around 2?

thanks
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 12:21pm
On normal days, people that get out of work early will start waiting at 3pm and cars do trickle through.

If you start waiting at 2 you're relying more on a mercy ride from a benevolent driver, and there are some out there. At that time of day you may want to stand on Rotary Drive with your sign as you may have better luck getting a ride. I've noticed in bad weather some drivers are more apt to pick up slugs early.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic