Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is PFPA doing to the Pentagon Slug Line??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pantherny2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is PFPA doing to the Pentagon Slug Line??
    Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 7:23pm
Today at the Spotsy/Stafford Slug Lines the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) aka Pentagon Police would not let drivers (me) stop to pick up any slugs.

They kept making us circle and circle until we got enough people. If you picked up one person, but another person wasn't yet there to hop in your car they made you circle. This was crazy. No Notice, No anything.

I called Bob Marburg @ WTOP and he didn't know anything. I called PFPA this evening and got blown off.

Who does one have to talk to in order to address this issue. This impacted all southbound Stafford/Spotsy lines.....

GRRRRRRRR
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 3:07pm
Yea I saw that. They didn't want any cars to wait for slugs.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:13am
I dont get it- is this at the regular Pentagon slug site many of us have used for years?

Oh my head hurrrrts...

Slug'n till 2013 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 3:09pm
I saw that and the traffic was backing up. You also have to give the Gestpo a reason to threaten someone. I wish the money spent on the Pentagon Parking Maids (PFPA) would be spent on local law enforcement. They are a sorry bunch of storm troopers who love to bully innocent visitors to the area. Wish they would find someone who could do real police work and not what they do....
BC018384 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC018384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 8:14am
quote:
Originally posted by duckduffer

I saw that and the traffic was backing up. You also have to give the Gestpo a reason to threaten someone. I wish the money spent on the Pentagon Parking Maids (PFPA) would be spent on local law enforcement. They are a sorry bunch of storm troopers who love to bully innocent visitors to the area. Wish they would find someone who could do real police work and not what they do....

I think you mean Gestapo.
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 10:27am
Shame on all of you -- Remember 9/11? We should consider ourselves lucky we're allowed NEAR the Pentagon. And more shame for for referring to the Pentagon Police as gestapo.

tsk
Woodbridge Mike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodbridge Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 11:36am
Something was going on last Friday at the Pentagon. In addition to the PFPA, there were a ton of uniformed officers forcing everyone leaving the Pentagon Metro station to exit going one way. At the same time, there were large groups of youth and some interesting looking individuals (blend of Native American, pan-Asian, and 70s hippie era looks rolled into one) heading towards the Pentagon.

Putting two and two together, there was probably some rally/anti-military protest occurring that evening. Some anti-military groups (not taking any political positions, just stating facts), have a few individuals who may have questionable ideas of civil disobedience (byproducts including massive gridlock during rush hours). The hassle you faced last Friday might have been in response to a perceived chance that someone was going to cause problems. If this started occurring on a regular basis, only then would I worry or start to complain. Has this occurred since last Friday?

duckduffer was way out of line, and I agree with Checkers, I was shocked when I moved here that the Pentagon still allows itself to be used as a major transportation hub.

-Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
BC018384 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC018384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 12:41pm
quote:
Originally posted by Woodbridge Mike

Something was going on last Friday at the Pentagon. In addition to the PFPA, there were a ton of uniformed officers forcing everyone leaving the Pentagon Metro station to exit going one way. At the same time, there were large groups of youth and some interesting looking individuals (blend of Native American, pan-Asian, and 70s hippie era looks rolled into one) heading towards the Pentagon.

Putting two and two together, there was probably some rally/anti-military protest occurring that evening. Some anti-military groups (not taking any political positions, just stating facts), have a few individuals who may have questionable ideas of civil disobedience (byproducts including massive gridlock during rush hours). The hassle you faced last Friday might have been in response to a perceived chance that someone was going to cause problems. If this started occurring on a regular basis, only then would I worry or start to complain. Has this occurred since last Friday?

duckduffer was way out of line, and I agree with Checkers, I was shocked when I moved here that the Pentagon still allows itself to be used as a major transportation hub.

Should be another one scheduled for the 21st if I'm not mistaken.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 1:04pm
It was happening again last night. At 4pm I went to the 610 slug line (4 of us waiting). Cars were waiting at the Rt 3, 17 and 610 Mine Rd line with no slugs. The PFPA cop came up and made each car start circling the block. The first 2 cars pulled up to our line, we hopped in and drove off. At least 610 is a first-stop alternative for those heading south.

I know the car lines get long and start backing up onto Eads St. but it makes absolutely no sense to make everyone just get back into line to wait 15 minutes only to have to circle again if no one is there. The line doesn't get shorter just because it's going in circles.

If I'm a slug and I see the first car still needs another person, I'm going to refuse the ride until I can get into a car that can hit the road immediately.

Now to go find the PFPA folks and find out what their policy is...
Woodbridge Mike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodbridge Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 1:10pm
quote:
Originally posted by mpatoka

It was happening again last night. At 4pm I went to the 610 slug line (4 of us waiting). Cars were waiting at the Rt 3, 17 and 610 Mine Rd line with no slugs. The PFPA cop came up and made each car start circling the block. The first 2 cars pulled up to our line, we hopped in and drove off. At least 610 is a first-stop alternative for those heading south.

I know the car lines get long and start backing up onto Eads St. but it makes absolutely no sense to make everyone just get back into line to wait 15 minutes only to have to circle again if no one is there. The line doesn't get shorter just because it's going in circles.

If I'm a slug and I see the first car still needs another person, I'm going to refuse the ride until I can get into a car that can hit the road immediately.

Now to go find the PFPA folks and find out what their policy is...

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you do find out something. Perhaps the slug community can come to a mutual understanding with PFPA.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic