Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crazy Traffic Cop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WVUGuy275 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WVUGuy275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 4:53pm
quote:
Originally posted by puglover
Why are you even on this site? You are not a slug, you have no empathy with them, and your comments are totally negative. I hope you continue to enjoy your solitary rides. I have met some very interesting people in the three years I have been driving. A driver stopping to pick up riders already waiting is in effect the same thing as a bus picking up passengers. The gridlock they cause is even worse - they make right turns well after their light has turned red.

The validity of your comments notwithstanding, please don't feed the troll (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)). Reaction is exactly what he/she is after.

Thanks
puglover View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 3:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by SlugsB1tch2Much

I disagree, if you impede traffic flow by stopping during rush-hour to pick up a slug you have clearly compelled the parking authorities to write you a ticket. I honestly don't think any body up in the parking division cares whether or not you and your two riders get home in a timely fashion since you have inconvenienced others at your expense by creating a potential for gridlock.

Why are you even on this site? You are not a slug, you have no empathy with them, and your comments are totally negative. I hope you continue to enjoy your solitary rides. I have met some very interesting people in the three years I have been driving. A driver stopping to pick up riders already waiting is in effect the same thing as a bus picking up passengers. The gridlock they cause is even worse - they make right turns well after their light has turned red.
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 11:07am
I disagree, if you impede traffic flow by stopping during rush-hour to pick up a slug you have clearly compelled the parking authorities to write you a ticket. I honestly don't think any body up in the parking division cares whether or not you and your two riders get home in a timely fashion since you have inconvenienced others at your expense by creating a potential for gridlock.
ms. binklesworth View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms. binklesworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 1:25pm
I think the point here is that stopping during rush hour traffic to p/u a slug is totally voluntary on the authorities to write a ticket or not.

Even as a slugger I get frustrated when a car parks to p/u a slug. Dependent on the traffic, that can cause a nightmare. It impedes the flow...and we want flow [:)]

Binkles
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 1:03pm
In the future, if you see him writing a ticket just drive on and come back or pick up from a different line. I'm surprised you didn't end your rant with "it was completely unfair!"
ms. binklesworth View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms. binklesworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 12:34pm

Stopping to pick-up slugs is one thing, but 'waiting' for slugs is another. It's called double-parking during rush hour - and is enforceable per Title 18 - DC Traffic.

It's kind of like when you assist a friend or relative in front of their apartment building. You stop in the Fire Lane just for a moment - just long enough to unload the groceries. Can the police on patrol write you a ticket? Sure, but's that's hardcore.

Binkles
swannaws View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swannaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:12am
This happened yesterday too. As I was walking down 14th St I saw a car with its flashers on waiting to pick up a slug. So I started jogging because I could see the traffic cop heading over to the car. He made them leave before I could cross the street!

Can a moderator or someone possibly shed some light on the rules for pulling over to pick up a slug? Is it only ok to pull over if there is someone there waiting for a ride? Are the drivers not allowed to wait for a rider?
wjean@att.net View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjean@att.net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 4:41pm
This guy is on 14 & G.

NY Jean
wjean@att.net View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjean@att.net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 4:40pm
This is the second day in a roll that I have watched this play, play traffic cop give tickets to cars picking up slugs! Yesterday, he wouldn't let the bus make a left because the driver wouldn't turn with people still crossing! Then he stopped a woman with passagers getting in. He jumps in front of the driver's car and pulls out his book and write tickets. I just came up from a break and saw him do the same thing 10 minutes ago! Who do we need to contact to get this "Nut" off our backs??[V

NY Jean
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic