Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

slug line waiting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 2:43pm
My question is- why would you get to the slug line so early you knew you'd be the first or third, and have to wait upwards of 40 minutes for a car to arrive? I'd rather be home with my child, or snooze an extra 7 minutes.

No, I dont agree. Why don't you just whip it out and officially mark your spot next time? Wouldn't that start a debate.

Slugging is not perfect- but it works. Just go with the flow. If this new line is against territory marking, just dont do it.

Slug'n till 2013 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 2:47pm
BTW- sarcastic commentary is common on this site. It's to lighten up the topic, instead of turning it into a heated debated of differing opinions.

Slug'n till 2013 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
alonsito View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alonsito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 7:26am
I have never heard that sarcasm has ever lighten anything. I thing it just polarizes people further in an issue instead of bringing them closer to an understanding.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 1:42pm
To get back to your original question I guess the answer is generally speaking you were the one in the wrong. In general as it pertains to slugging it is not a rule that you can leave your bag and get back in your car. Therefore, when you asked how should I respond to people, I guess the answer would be "I'm sorry, I'm new to this lot and didn't realize this was not ok". BTW, you never mentioned WHY you get there so early. Is it to be first? Or do you have some other reason you have to leave your house so early?

CJ
chatsohbet View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatsohbet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 3:17pm
SOHBET

www.odasohbeti.com
usedcarsalesman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usedcarsalesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 8:58am
alonsito,

Your comments sound like you are trying to find vindication that you are right. The overwhelming majority of the replies basically say - it might have been fine at your old lot, but evidently it is not at the new lot. Stand in line.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:15am
I'm opposed to using inanimate objects to mark a place in line. I once was waiting in line when a car pulled up and parked close to the line, a woman got out and walked up to the front of the line where, picking up a bag, she announced that she was there earlier but "had to leave" and now she was back to claim her rightful spot. Another woman at the front "vouched" for her. I personally think they were a couple of liars engaging in an underhanded game of line jumping.
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 7:13pm
I remarked on this type of situation when it was brought up last time. I think my answer still holds.

quote:

Just because it has worked in the past doesn't mean it's right. It goes against common courtesy and etiquette. Whoever is doing this needs to get over themselves and stand in line.

It is RUDE and it shouldn't be done. Get to the lot later or get out there with the other people and stand in line. Any inanimate object used to hold your position isn't going to put up much of an argument for you when someone steps over it to take their rightful place in front of it.
Mike2854 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2854 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:37am
Here is another angle...

Let's say I am the driver and looking for riders. If I don't see anyone in line, I would just go ahead and take the HOV lanes (since you said 5:30, it is legal at this point without 2 additional people).
CWright View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CWright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2854

Here is another angle...

Let's say I am the driver and looking for riders. If I don't see anyone in line, I would just go ahead and take the HOV lanes (since you said 5:30, it is legal at this point without 2 additional people).

I agree, Mike2854. I live smack dab between 4 HOV lots. If I drive past a lot and don't see folks standing in line I move on to another lot.
My first thoughts at the original post was "why get there so early to sit in your car? The HOV lanes are open" or "why wouldn't the 3 or 4 earlybirds pre-coordinate and travel together?" or "what do you do in inclement weather...put an umbrella over your bag?"
I've only been associated with the slug process for about 7 months and nearly everyday I am surprised by something new and unexpected...it's certainly a unique experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic