Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHOT Lanes Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cavvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOT Lanes Confirmed
    Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 10:43am
This from WTOP. The thiefs from Richmond are still padding their wallets at our expense. Money talks louder than the voters.

Va. close to finalizing HOT deal on I-95/395
June 19, 2009 - 8:07am

Hank Silverberg, wtop.com

WASHINGTON - By next spring the construction of High Occupancy Toll lanes could spread from the Dulles Toll Road Interchange to Dumfries along the Capital Beltway/Interstate 95 corridor.

"One the things we would like to do would be to have at least a segment of the I-95 HOT lanes open at the same time as the Beltway HOT lanes," says Virginia Transportation Secretary Pierce Homer.

Pierce says the state is close to finalizing a deal for HOT lanes on Interstates 95 and 395. That would add 28 miles of construction to the 14 already underway on the Capital Beltway/Interstate 495 in Fairfax County.

The high occupancy toll lanes are public-private partnership.

Homer says a public-private sector deal could be finalized this summer after some adjustments for hot spots are made. One of those areas is in Alexandria.

"Seminary Road is a hot spot because you have the BRAC jobs going there and a whole lot of people actually getting into the HOV and HOT lanes there."

Construction of the lanes is expected to be done some time after 2013.

The next phase of the pay lanes would extend down I-95 into Spotsylvania County.

(Copyright 2009 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Hank Silverberg, wtop.com

WASHINGTON - By next spring the construction of High Occupancy Toll lanes could spread from the Dulles Toll Road Interchange to Dumfries along the Capital Beltway/Interstate 95 corridor.

"One the things we would like to do would be to have at least a segment of the I-95 HOT lanes open at the same time as the Beltway HOT lanes," says Virginia Transportation Secretary Pierce Homer.

Pierce says the state is close to finalizing a deal for HOT lanes on Interstates 95 and 395. That would add 28 miles of construction to the 14 already underway on the Capital Beltway/Interstate 495 in Fairfax County.

The high occupancy toll lanes are public-private partnership.

Homer says a public-private sector deal could be finalized this summer after some adjustments for hot spots are made. One of those areas is in Alexandria.

"Seminary Road is a hot spot because you have the BRAC jobs going there and a whole lot of people actually getting into the HOV and HOT lanes there."

Construction of the lanes is expected to be done some time after 2013.

The next phase of the pay lanes would extend down I-95 into Spotsylvania County.

(Copyright 2009 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 8:30am
VDOT is so inbred it borders on neoptism!

Pierce Homer was promoted up into the top VDOT slot from a deputy position where he oversaw and promoted "private partnership programs" (PPPs) like the HOT highway robbery scheme. He was preceded by Ybarra, an active poster on this forum and a consumate PPP/HOT advocate who now works for the lobbist group/PIRG that represents former and future VDOT-PPP/HOT contractors, and he supervises Barbara Reese, the now VDOT deputy, former VDOT comptroler, and logtime HOT advocate and PPP sellout expert.

OMG! Who is asleep at the oversight switch here while these pro-PPP sellout VDOT cronies promote each other up into leadership roles where they can mortgage our transportation future with impunity? Isn't there an inspector general or a public advocate watchdogging them? With so many decisions being made regarding the future of a public-owned asset you would think someone at VDOT would be accountable to the public! How can they get away with these closed-door deals where billion dollar contracts get sole-source awarded in conflict-of-intrest situations, and without regard to upholding the public trust?

Anyone still wondering why I distrust these people? This deal is why you should distrust them too!
alphalimafoxtrot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphalimafoxtrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 4:24pm
quote:
Originally posted by raymond

VDOT is so inbred it borders on neoptism!

Pierce Homer was promoted up into the top VDOT slot from a deputy position where he oversaw and promoted "private partnership programs" (PPPs) like the HOT highway robbery scheme. He was preceded by Ybarra, an active poster on this forum and a consumate PPP/HOT advocate who now works for the lobbist group/PIRG that represents former and future VDOT-PPP/HOT contractors, and he supervises Barbara Reese, the now VDOT deputy, former VDOT comptroler, and logtime HOT advocate and PPP sellout expert.

OMG! Who is asleep at the oversight switch here while these pro-PPP sellout VDOT cronies promote each other up into leadership roles where they can mortgage our transportation future with impunity? Isn't there an inspector general or a public advocate watchdogging them? With so many decisions being made regarding the future of a public-owned asset you would think someone at VDOT would be accountable to the public! How can they get away with these closed-door deals where billion dollar contracts get sole-source awarded in conflict-of-intrest situations, and without regard to upholding the public trust?

Anyone still wondering why I distrust these people? This deal is why you should distrust them too!

Agreed - money and profit is the bottom line here. I don't get any sense otherwise - why no initiative to drive "smarter" or develop more and better public and mass transit options?

I prefer a healthy environment rather than a wealthy special-interest-group.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic