Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extend the HOV time to 7 pm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Michele Chasse View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michele Chasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extend the HOV time to 7 pm
    Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 4:25pm
I completely agree. Traffic is still heavy enough at 6:30 that it would really help. Many people don't get out of the office till 5:30 and at that point there is no real option but the bus.
booklover21 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booklover21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 4:38pm
I agree that the HOV hours need to be extended because it is so hard to catch a ride at 5:30 or later. I just don't think it will be possible without a lot of effort. It seems that the HOV will not be used too much in the future anyway with Hot Lanes coming and people can just pay to get on. I do not agree with Hot Lanes, but it has already been argued. In the mean time, I really wish the hours were extended.
Julia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:37pm
To save the earth and to encourage many people to take car pooling, I would like to suggest an hour extension to HOV line in the evening from 3 to 7 pm. As everyone know, there are many people don’t get ride while they usually come after 5:30 pm. The drivers usually decide not to pick up riders during that time, because they think by the time the arrive at the HOV gate; they will be able to drive alone. Therefore, I really suggest extending the HOV time until 7 pm. Thank you and I hope this suggestion will be heard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic