Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - **OFF TOPIC** McDonald's on Shelton Shop by Bloom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

**OFF TOPIC** McDonald's on Shelton Shop by Bloom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **OFF TOPIC** McDonald's on Shelton Shop by Bloom
    Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 1:50pm
Does anyone know why it closed down?

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:53am
The sign in front says "closed for renovation". Several months ago there was an blurb in the Free Lance-Star that they had been given approval to double their size. Looks like they are finally getting around to doing it.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 8:21am
quote:
Originally posted by gatewayslug

The sign in front says "closed for renovation". Several months ago there was an blurb in the Free Lance-Star that they had been given approval to double their size. Looks like they are finally getting around to doing it.

I went by there yesterday and the building was half demolished behind the Closed For Renovation sign! [:D] That's some serious renovation they have going on there.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 8:22am
Cool, thanks for the info. I always thought it was small, but one of the cleaner McD's.

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:01am
My son worked there and yes, they are expanding. It was supposed to happen earlier this year but was delayed for whatever reasons. Should reopen later this fall as one of the new modern styles.

As an aside, no jobs were lost during the remodel. All workers were reassigned to other McD's in Stafford and Fredericksburg until this store reopens.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 12:16pm
Oh Good! I always worry when I see a place close down what will happen to the employees. The one at the beginning of 610 is surely busy enough to employ some extra folks.

XOXO- sluggin' girl
aesthetic View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aesthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 10:52am
I am glad I found this forum....

QUESTION... in the evening, where do I go to pick up slugs going to 610 in Stafford? I usually go to Potomac Mills, so I am completely unfamiliar w/ the Stafford lines. I am closest to the 19th St. & I St. line.
LindaS View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LindaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 11:55am
The only pickup in the evening I know of for 610 is at 14th & G Streets. Hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic