Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug-line to Rosslyn from Daventry?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slug-line to Rosslyn from Daventry?
    Posted: 05 Mar 2003 at 10:26pm
Does anyone know if there is a slug-line that goes to Rosslyn from the Daventry subdivision in West Springfield?
nomad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2003 at 7:41pm
this is a test to see if the reply function works
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2003 at 2:19pm
I have had some luck recruiting slug riders from Daventry to Rosslyn. If not, Pentagon is the default destination.
LexyDiamond View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexyDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2003 at 12:18pm
I will be starting a new job in a week or so in Rosslyn. I live near the Rolling Valley park and ride. Is that close to you?
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2003 at 11:00am
Yes, I have had occasional luck getting morning riders at RV, Texaco, Daventry and Sydenstricker for Rosslyn. It is the return trip that is tricky as there is no organized PM line from Rosslyn to Springfield.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2003 at 11:36am
As of today there are 148 reads of this message, there's lots of interest. It seems people want to know what is going on with this but have no suggestions, so here's one: One big issue is the PM return from Rosslyn to Springfield. Lots of people go there in the AM, but no one comes from there in the PM.

Spgfld to Rslyn AM riders can be found along Old Keene Mill Rd. at Rolling Valley, Daventry, Texaco and on FFxCoPkwy at the Sydenstricker Commuter Lot. Can we establish an AM drop-off point in Rslyn (near the Metro station)? Also can we set a PM pick-up point in Rslyn with these Spgfld return destinations (how about at the existing lines)? Hand held printed signs will help riders and drivers hook-up. Any volunteers?
nomad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2003 at 8:34pm
Raymond, I am the person that originally posted the question about the slug line from Daventry to Rosslyn. I am a military person currently living in Alabama and will be relocating to the DC area in July. When I posted the question, I was looking at a potential place to live in Daventry. Since that time, I have found a place to live in Burke. Therefore, I will not be interested in this line anymore. However, I wish you guys the best of luck in getting a line started.
LexyDiamond View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexyDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2003 at 4:45pm
I actually live in Burke as well to Nomad so maybe we can help each other out. However my job has still not transferred me to Rosslyn yet..but when it does I would be interested in organizing a PM run. I'm not sure how much help I can be because I am new to both slugging and the protocol for it. I would be willing to help I just need someone to tell me what I need to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic