Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City Drop-Off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
logrolls View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logrolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City Drop-Off
    Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:12pm
Just call out "Crystal City 23rd St" OR "Crystal City Metro Station" etc. Let them know up front you are only making one stop. The excuse that it's too large is rediculous. I agree, one stop - and it should be the Metro.
SlySamFox View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlySamFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 6:14am
CC is just to long and spread out for that to work ... I agree that as a driver, it is a pain to make the multiple stops, especially when you have to flip around to get where you are going. I just rationalize it by thinking of the time I saved by being in HOV. As for waiting for two to the same location, forget it. The time wasted on that effort is far in excess of what it takes to do the double drop off. The good news is that CC has little in the way of traffic so you move pretty quickly from spot to spot.

My other solution is to just pickup for the Pentagon and avoid CC altogether whenever possible
trinindc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinindc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 11:09am
I drive every day to Crystal City and do not mind dropping riders off anyway from Army-Navy Drive to 23rd street. My question is has anyone considered a central drop off spot. If a rider happen to be on the way to the central drop off then they can be let off before reaching there. I know there are those who will say I can wait for riders going to 12& Clark. As we all know that is not feasible 99% of the time.

Instead of driving all over Crystal City.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic