Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug unbuckled my car seat!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gawinkworth View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gawinkworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slug unbuckled my car seat!
    Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 12:02pm
This was all wrapped up so nicely by lisad219.

I've seen several cars where the center seat belt receiving end was fastened right next to one of the passenger's. This was the case in our Accord and I can't tell you how many times we had folks hop into the back seat and fumble with the belt.

I'm more inclined to believe the guy unbuckled it by accident. That being said, he could have re-buckled it or at least said something.

Geoffrey A Winkworth
Senior Analyst/Developer
AT&T Government Solutions, Inc.
lisad219 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisad219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 7:53am
I really think they did not do it intentionally. Who would unbuckle a car seat??? You know when you can't find the correct buckle to put it in and you are feeling around. I am sure that's all that happened.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:39pm

Question:
Why was the female sheet (ewe) doing such awful things in a car?
And why so many references to things cows eat (cud, hay)?

I was wondering the same thing about the sheep references... [:D]

Nic
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 3:35pm
quote:
Originally posted by marchf

I see, the car seat was in the middle. For picking up slugs, ewe shud have the car seat in one of the passenger seats, not the middle. Sure, I know he cud refewes the ride, but after committing to the ride he probably felt obligated and probably did not see the car seat when walking to the car. I have passed on two rides and both times they looked at me funny and said something. I basically said "hay, I ain't getting in." In one case it was a truck with one of those funky fold down seats and did not feel like doing that thing on that day, though I have done that plenty in slug rides.

From the tone of the thread, ewe thought the man got in the car and reached over and unbucked a car seat in the far side with a child in it and then slapped him.

Question:
Why was the female sheet (ewe) doing such awful things in a car?
And why so many references to things cows eat (cud, hay)?
marchf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 8:43am
I see, the car seat was in the middle. For picking up slugs, ewe shud have the car seat in one of the passenger seats, not the middle. Sure, I know he cud refewes the ride, but after committing to the ride he probably felt obligated and probably did not see the car seat when walking to the car. I have passed on two rides and both times they looked at me funny and said something. I basically said "hay, I ain't getting in." In one case it was a truck with one of those funky fold down seats and did not feel like doing that thing on that day, though I have done that plenty in slug rides.

From the tone of the thread, ewe thought the man got in the car and reached over and unbucked a car seat in the far side with a child in it and then slapped him.
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 8:09am
quote:
Originally posted by deepali_anuje

This experience makes me think and realize that its best not to let anyone sit with the kid. The 3rd person can sit in the front passenger seat. One just cant trust anyone these days.

There was no child in the car seat at the time - it was empty of child. If there had been a child, the passenger would have been in the front seat.

I think this topic has been beat to death. Since we were not involved, and only have the drivers side of the story, we will never know what actually happened. Personally, I think it is smart for a parent to always check to the restraints and what-not that are part of the car seat before they start driving - it could have become loose for any # of reasons. And hey, if you have more than one child, they could have unbuckled it if they were bored or something (not really refering to this situation but to anybody).
deepali_anuje View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deepali_anuje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 2:17pm
This experience makes me think and realize that its best not to let anyone sit with the kid. The 3rd person can sit in the front passenger seat. One just cant trust anyone these days.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 4:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by carsmusthaveAC

I will not even get in a car when the car is small and there is this huge absurd carseat in the back. One time I did unbuckle the seat belt and move it over. It's borderline an extra body in the back seat.

Hey if you're ever going to the Pentagon from 234 in the morning or back to 234 from the Pentagon in the evening and you see either a dark blue jeep or a teal Montego, please don't get in, I don't think either one of my cars can meet your exacting standards

CJ
carsmusthaveAC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carsmusthaveAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 5:17pm
I will not even get in a car when the car is small and there is this huge absurd carseat in the back. One time I did unbuckle the seat belt and move it over. It's borderline an extra body in the back seat.
bgpumpkin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgpumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:41am
you absolutely are not overreacting! i too have a car seat and i can not imagine someone doing that. good thing you noticed, what if something bad had happened? my question to the guy that done it - why??? what reason would you possible have for unbuckeling the car seat?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic