Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commuting from Stafford to Ballston Commons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commuting from Stafford to Ballston Commons
    Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:06am
I will be commuting from Stafford, VA to the Ballston Commons area. Can anyone tell me if there is a slug line to the Ballston commons area in Arlington VA.

Thank you,
75004 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:46am
I believe that I may have figure it out, If I can take a ride to the Pentagon Drop off, I can take the blue line to the Orange Line. Can anyone give me any insight on Slugging to the Pentagon.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:20am
I used to slug to Rosslyn and take Metro the rest of the way to Ballston (about 4 stops on the orange line - no changing trains). I used the Pentagon as an alternate slugging terminus if I was commuting at other than my usual early hours.
75004 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:34am
Thank you, I will use that approach. What is the best time to arrive at the slug line and is there an area designated for Rosslyn? I can go to either one of the lots which are located off of 610 or I can also drive to Courthouse.

mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 10:55am
I slug out of the old 610 lot behind McDonald's and the line there goes to Pentagon/Crystal City/Rosslyn/Navy Annex. Everyone stands in the same line and the drivers call out the destination. Most of the time you can get a ride fairly quickly to Pentagon or Rosslyn, CC seems to have the longest wait times.

After awhile you'll get a feel for the line and will know if it's faster to catch a Pentagon ride or Rosslyn ride that day. I believe most Rosslyn drivers will drop you at the Metro or even take you to Ballston if they are headed that way themselves.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic