Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lorton VRE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lorton VRE
    Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:00am
Can anyone tell me a little about the Lorton VRE slug line? I have looked at the line on the main pages, but I'm afraid that slug-lines.com is a little out-of-date based on other experiences.

Questions that I have are:

How active is the line?
Are there more drivers or riders?
What is the best time?
Where exactly does the line form?
Has any return line formed?
Can you purchase a VRE ticket on the platform if you can't get a ride?

Thanks!
bmbh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:03am
I should also specify that I want to go into DC (probably L'Enfant Plaza?).

bmbh
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 12:35pm
I was there at 8:10 this morning. I was the 3rd car in line.

Line was pretty dead. The two cars ahead of me got slugs, but after 40 mins of waiting, I gave up and hit the HOV lanes at 9am.

I also stopped by the Lorton Shell line. No one there at all. The attendant (granted English wasn't her 1st language) said the line wasn't there anymore.

Sigh
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 7:12pm
Thanks for the update on the Lorton Shell slug line! I will remove it from the website.

I have had reports that the Lorton VRE was still functioning. Sounds like it is still there but certainly not a strong line.
tulips4klm View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulips4klm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 5:04pm
Starting in Mid-March, I would like to go to the Pentagon Transit Center (PTC) lower level from there I will be getting the DOD shuttle to DISA. I would like to be "regular slug." What's the best time to get in slug line at the VRE?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic