Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV cheaters or just a lot of real HOV?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2003 at 7:27pm
As of 2 yrs ago, it was at least 1 point for HOV violation. I got the $50 ticket, and 1 point, helping a friend get to Arlington courthouse, and we couldn't get slugs that morning.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2003 at 8:26am
quote:
Originally posted by VAwitch
[br]As of 2 yrs ago, it was at least 1 point for HOV violation. I got the $50 ticket, and 1 point, helping a friend get to Arlington courthouse, and we couldn't get slugs that morning.

There are no longer any points for HOV violation.
3ForHOV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ForHOV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2003 at 9:58am
As previously posted...one way to keep cheaters off the HOV is to raise the first fine from $50 to $100 or so... This would make them think twice about taking the risk. I also like what another poster suggested about honking three times at violators.

What perturbs me is seeing the cops sitting on the side of the road chatting with each other. What are they there for? Catching speeders? How can you speed if the lanes are so clogged up in the mornings? I'll be lucky to travel at 60mph when the speed limit is 65mph.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 3:23pm
There is an article on HOV Violators in the Washington Post (Sunday, May 18th). See:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3822-2003May17.html

Everyone might be interested to know, that the Post writer (Katherine Shaver), was very interested in the viewpoint of Slugs! She accessed the website and read a number of the postings regarding HOV violators to get a feel on what slugs were thinking.

Although I do not pretend to represent the slugging community, I did share my viewpoint and the comments from the message board for about 30 minutes prior to her writing this article.

It's nice to know that people are now aware of the impact slugs have on congestion!
Juli View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 3:25pm
Why don't they do what they did in DC with the cameras? Just take a picture of the cars as they get off the exit and if there isn't enough people and they have a violating history, give them the fine they deserve.
3ForHOV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ForHOV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 3:44pm
quote:
Originally posted by Juli
[br]Why don't they do what they did in DC with the cameras? Just take a picture of the cars as they get off the exit and if there isn't enough people and they have a violating history, give them the fine they deserve.

My spouse drives while I ride in the backseat of my SUV with our child. It appears that my spouse is a single passenger because you can't see us in the back through the tinted windows. So it wouldn't be fair to those of us who travel with children in car seats (because the camera won't be able to see them either). When we come upon the state police at the 495 exit in the mornings, we roll down the windows so the trooper can see us in the back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic