Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Map of Slug Lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 6:38pm
Admin - re: L'Enfant...no, the pins still need moving. Right now you have them on the SW corner of 9th & D; the pins need to move to the NE corner of that intersection. Zoom in far enough and you should see a marker on the building "US National Capital Region." Once the pins are there, we'll need a L'Enfant rider to properly position the pins left to right.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 12:57pm
GreenSlug - looking at the intersection, I moved the pins to the NE corner. I cannot see the "US National Capital Region". So, how close am I?
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 12:58pm
Smithma - changes made! Thanks!
GreenSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 5:37pm
re: L'Enfant - the pins are on the right sidewalk - spreading them out will be a bit tougher; I think I know 2 of them, so we'll start there.

Using the parked cars as markers, move the Route 610 blue pin along the sidewalk to between the 3rd and 4th cars (3rd car has a bright sun glare)

Move the Horner Road blue pin along the sidewalk to between the 7th and 8th cars.

http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Lenfant_Plaza.asp used to list 4 PM lines and now it's only 3; I'm assuming the 3rd one (besides Stafford and Horner Rd) is Springfield (based on the PM line info). I don't know where that line forms, but I believe it's further east along D St, past the Horner Rd line.
Cliff View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 11:38am
the lorton slug line location needs to be moved from the amtrack autotrain loacation by going north east about 1/2 mile
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 3:11pm
This is great! A couple of comments.

1. I have been told repeatedly that there is not really a pick up at L'Enfant Plaza in the evening to go back to Rte 17. So unless someone contradicts me, maybe it is time to remove it entirely as a destination?

2. The Rte 17 blue marker is slightly off - it should be obvious to anyone in the lot where they need to be (assuming there IS a line), but if it is easy to fix you should move it to be just below the bus shelter -down and right (SE if North is up, which I don't think it is) of current location. Cars drive down the lane to the SE of the shelter and pick up "in front of" (which is actually behind) the shelter.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 4:32pm
Thanks to all. Changes made to the map as of 12 Feb 2010.

Keep the feedback coming!
WestSpring View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestSpring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:06pm
Admin- For the Springfield (Bob's) blue pin, the western pin should be L'Enfant and 14th street (currently 14th street is listed as a destination for the eastern pin).
duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 10:14am
Great Job!!! Thanks!
Cliff View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 2:06pm
The slug line at the Lorton VRE also goes to L'Enfant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic