Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help Needed by Admin to Update Website!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:30am
Yep, you got it.
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:34am
Oops, I forgot this line also handles slugs going to the Navy Annex.
GreenSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:25pm
Morning Slug Line/Mine Road (Stafford):

-delete "It is one line for everyone (we haven't split up into the DC and VA lines yet, although there is talk of doing that)."

-for Line #2 (downtown), add 18th Street

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 1:42pm
Thanks GreenSlug. I will update the Mine Road as soon as possible.
Elemental View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elemental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 3:20pm
Under afternoon lines -
For 14th & G, remove Route 17 as a destination and add Mine Rd - Stafford. Mine Rd should be listed first, it is the primary destination.

For 19th & I remove 610 - Stafford and Mine Road - Stafford.

Thanks!
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:45am
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE

Admin,
Adding to SlugasaBug's comments:
I've picked up slugs at the Rosslyn Springfield/Burke slug line on Kent Street several times in the past (but not in the past 6-9 months). My experience has been that nearly all slugs in that line want to return to either the Rolling Valley Mall or Sydenstricker commuter lots in the afternoons. [Drivers heading for Sydenstricker exit the HOVs at the Franconia-Springfield Parkway, and drivers for Rolling Valley Mall exit onto Old Keene Mill Rd (Va 644 west).] However, it's up to the Rolling Valley Mall drivers to decide if they want to drop off a slug at "Bob's" or any other location on Old Keene Mill (Daventry or Cardinal Plaza) as the drivers proceed west on Old Keene Mill Rd. Some drivers don't mind -- but other drivers might not want to make a stop on their way to Rolling Valley (that's their prerogative). I recommend that info is what the "Afternoon Slug Lines" page for the Kent St Rosslyn Springfield/Burke afternoon slug line should say. Prior to entering the car, slugs need to ask Rolling Valley Mall drivers if they mind dropping the slug off at 'Bob's" or any other Old Keene Mill location.

As an FYI for evening Rolling Valley drivers. I've timed it serveral times. It's about 6 minutes faster (on average) to go the parkway (and then Sydenstricker) than to go down Old Keene Mill.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 3:15pm
I posted this over on the Google maps thread, but will add it here since I found this thread...

I have been told many times that there is NO PM Pickup at L'Enfant Plaza to go to Rte 17 Stafford.

I would love to hear a ground swell of objections to that! Going to the Pentagon is tiresome...
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 4:33pm
Thanks. I have removed the Route 17 blue pin. If there is one at L'Enfant, then somebody please confirm!
skooterdiver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skooterdiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:17pm
This is a very helpful hint when exiting the 234 lot and you need to head south on Route 1. This is a new feature with the expansion of this lot. Use the rear exit of the lot. This put you just north of the light at Route 1 and Route 234. It is faster and easier than exiting the 234 lot at the Route 234 entrance/exit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic