Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commuter/Slug-lines after the Snowstorm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 12:40pm
This might help. According to a May 2009 posting on this b'board, Mr. Thomas was helpful the last time a concern popped up about parking at Springfield Plaza. Here's the contact taken from that post: Mr. Mark Thomas - Staff Aide to Chairman Sharon Bulova office - Fairfax County Board of Supervisors. His phone # is: 703-324-2321

He might know who you should to contact. [:)]
rpoirier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoirier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 12:56pm
Thanks SluDgE for the info. I called the Fairfax County Board and left a message. Looks like they are closed for the holiday today. I also called Rappaport property management (571-382-1290) and sent them a message. It looks like they are closed today too, but according to their website, they are the managers of the entire Springfield Plaza Shopping Center, which I would assume includes the commuter lot. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything! :)
rpoirier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoirier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 7:40pm
I just received a voice message from Faifax County. It appears that the snow plows are clearing the commuter lot at Springfield Plaza. There will of course still be limited parking because there are not many places to pile snow, but there will be parking available tomorrow. As far as the Circuit City lot where the line is, I'm not sure if it will be clear by tomorrow.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:04pm
Circuit City lot (Springfield) was plowed on the 15th and we were able to meet in the lot this morning.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 7:42am
The 610 Mine Rd lot is in pretty rough shape. I'm guessing that around 20% of the legal parking spaces (and 100% of the illegal or "creative" spaces) are covered by snow piles. Some areas, like the southern-most row towards the east side have simply not been plowed, losing that whole row of spaces.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 11:24am
I agree, the 610 Mine Road lot is horrible. Folks are parking anywhere, anyhow. If your not there before 6:20, your at a loss.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:52pm
While the 610 Stafford lot is plowed, almost all of the perimeter spots on the gravel are snow piles along with about 20% of the regular parking spots. At 6:45 today the lot was full with cars circling looking for spots. I had to put it in 4WD and park up on a snow bank.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 10:03am
Mine Rd 610 lot was better this morning. A lot of plowing was done overnight towards the southeast corner of the lot.
Dee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 2:27pm
Communters at the 610 lot beware, yesterday over 30 cars were towed from the Best Buy parking lot at a cost of $125.00.
smithma View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 5:19pm
Just got the following from Herrity's office in response to an email I sent about getting the Sydenstricker lot cleaned up.

I know this lot is well-utilized by many commuters. The poor sluggers are having a hard time of it after this storm, apparently the Hunter Village Drive line is having problems with snow mounds limiting parking too. It turns out this lot is owned by VDOT; I will contact Renee Hamilton, Assistant District Administrator for NOVA and ask if she can have additional clearing done in the lot.

Peyton Onks
Legislative Aide
Supervisor Pat Herrity
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic