Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martz-National Bus Lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martz-National Bus Lines
    Posted: 01 Apr 2003 at 9:02am
I dont know how many of you are regular or occasional bus riders, but yesterday was horrible. I usually slug in the morning and ride the bus in the evenings and it was a mess. When I got on at 13th and Penn the bus was almost filled. Needless to say, there were no seats when it got to the Pentagon and they offered the man that was left there a seat in the bathroom.[:(!] Can you imagine?? I would definitely not consider it a back up for slugging from the Pentagon in the evenings. If there are no seats then you have to wait for the next one. What happens when there is no next one? I also heard that since all the buses will be packed if one breaks down then we will have to wait until another comes from Fredericksburg to come and get everyone. I think we need to do something about this. Why cant we get a decent bus system like the OMNIBUS (PRTC) in Woodbridge? We shouldnt stand for this. In my opinion they (National) are on their way out of business anyway. Any ideas??
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2003 at 9:55am
Omnibus has this problem sometimes. I had 2 busses come by one time the first one was full and the second one took 12 people. I was like 25 people back. I caught a slug ride home by the time a 3rd bus came. This has happened 3-4 times to me since Nov.
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2003 at 10:57am
They run pretty often though, right? When I catch the bus home, I take the 4:45 and the next one isnt until 5:36. That's almost an hour wait.
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2003 at 11:09am
They run about every 15 min. That is 1 reason I drive to Horner from Rt.17 besides its easyer to slug to and from Horner Road. Also the 12:30 and 2:30 bus is great for a early Friday or if something comes up and you have to go.
Margo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2003 at 7:59am
When I first moved to Fredericksburg, I called and also sent an e-mail to Martz bus expressing these sentiments exactly. I went so far as to say what you did about them not staying in business. When I asked how I could get on the waiting list for a reserved seat, the "conductor" amazingly said that I would have to show my intent to ride by showing up every morning even though the bus was always full! He said that otherwise when he calls the next person on the list, they have already made other arrangements to get into work. I said that I couldn't risk being late every morning and would make other arrangements until I could be assured of a seat. He said no way. I asked what the problem was and why couldn't he just simply call the next person on the list if the first had made other arrangements. This suggestion apparently disoriented the guy. With this experience, I decided I wouldn't ever ride those buses - it isn't worth the time and aggravation, not to mention the money you get to pay for being tortured by such ridiculous management.

quote:
Originally posted by tondalea
[br]I dont know how many of you are regular or occasional bus riders, but yesterday was horrible. I usually slug in the morning and ride the bus in the evenings and it was a mess. When I got on at 13th and Penn the bus was almost filled. Needless to say, there were no seats when it got to the Pentagon and they offered the man that was left there a seat in the bathroom.[:(!] Can you imagine?? I would definitely not consider it a back up for slugging from the Pentagon in the evenings. If there are no seats then you have to wait for the next one. What happens when there is no next one? I also heard that since all the buses will be packed if one breaks down then we will have to wait until another comes from Fredericksburg to come and get everyone. I think we need to do something about this. Why cant we get a decent bus system like the OMNIBUS (PRTC) in Woodbridge? We shouldnt stand for this. In my opinion they (National) are on their way out of business anyway. Any ideas??

tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2003 at 9:12am
That's funny. I had almost the same experience with the assigned seat and I was riding the bus every day just had to be thrown from seat to seat until I picked a good one. It's ridiculous how they run their business, but after the few tickets are gone that I have, I wont be buying anymore. I just hate having to go to the Pentagon, especially with the war and all now. I heard that the 14th street line is picking up again, so I may give that a try now. I've been seeing a lot of people from the bus on the slug lines this week, so that's kind of scary too. A lot more slugs, but not many more drivers.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2003 at 2:30pm
I can't believe that the Martz Group runs their business the way they do -- and have the nerve to charge as much as they do to take the doggone bus! I have not ridden those buses in two years and never plan to. I would much rather take the VRE.

Dina
MISS "T" View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MISS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2003 at 11:49am
quote:
Originally posted by dkerley
[br]I can't believe that the Martz Group runs their business the way they do -- and have the nerve to charge as much as they do to take the doggone bus! I have not ridden those buses in two years and never plan to. I would much rather take the VRE.

Dina

I don't live in Fredricksburg,but I was talking with a lady that does and she was telling me that the bus is $20.00 one way [:0] is that correct???[?] and over $100.00 monthly???

MISS "T"
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2003 at 4:26pm
Yep, it's 20.00 one way, but if you buy the ticket in the morning you can use it as a round trip. It's $150.00 for twenty tickets, so if you ride it to and from work that's $300.00 a month. Mind as well by a darn car!!![:(!]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic