Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perfume and cologne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4th one pays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfume and cologne
    Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 11:10am
I have only recently started to pick up riders, but I thought it was a rule that you should not wear perfume or cologne.

Some mornings it's so strong my eyes burn and my stomach turns. Why don't people realize that some of us have allergies and or really don't want to smell you in the morning?

I have not refused anyone a ride because you can't smell them until its too late and the are already in the car.

What is the appropriate way to handle this?
Randyk_05 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randyk_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 3:17pm
[V]
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 3:42pm
I think we need a Moderator to come in and clean this one up before it gets any worst. This is not the place for these types of exchanges. Sorry, this stuff can be discussed elsewhere, FB, Twitter, or some other forum. My two-cents!
Rickie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 4:28pm
Now this?
Give me a break.
Seriously.
Skooter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 9:14am
Well this can be a smelly one. 1. Crack the window. 2. Nothing else. However, there are some people, men and women, who only wear one or two types of colognes. The problem with this is that they do not realize how much they put on until they themselves can smell it. The smell senses become immune to the fragrance. By then, they smell like the fragrance counter at Macy's.
zulayfua View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulayfua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 3:20pm
stop sluging if you can't stand the smell or when you see that driver just don't get in the car.

IT IS FREE and you should not complain[:D]
Alma View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 8:04pm
As much I as love wearing perfume or scented lotion on, eversince I started slugging I completely stopped putting any perfume on when I leave my house in the morning out of respect to the other passengers. I think people should be mindful of others.[:)]

God Bless,
Alma
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 8:42am
I agree - it's not just perfume, it's stale cigarette smoke too. However, because I am the slug, and the ride is free, I just grit my teeth and tolerate it and find that the initial overhwelming smell usually dulls after I have been in the car for a while, and I can manage the ride okay. Don't understand why people need to be smelly at work, though! Curious.
gospeldiva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gospeldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 12:32pm
I don't think it's an unreasonable request to ask sluggers to tone down the strength of one's perfume/cologne. One reply said this would be better suited for Facebook, etc. If that's the case, then how many sluggers are "friends" with this person making a point that needs to be addressed on this forum, where it can be seen by fellow sluggers? I agree with the first post. My husband and I picked up a slug one morning. The perfume was so strong, we had to roll down the windows. Mind you, it was snowing so, the comment about just rolling your windows down is not always an option that makes sense. It is common countesy to use a reasonable amount of anything that has a strong smell, particularly when you know you will be in close proximity to others. The point about having allergies, asthma, etc. is absolutely justified! I believe most adults are aware of the nose getting immune to your own frequent scent. Simply put, if you know you're going to be slugging, calm down on the strong odors. That includes personal hygiene. Finally, if you're a smoker, a wonderful product called Fabreze is on the market. Utilize it!
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 9:05am
I must admit, as someone who can end up with a migraine if forced to smell the "wrong" perfume smell, I certainly appreciate it if people don't pile it on before getting into a car. Some "car fresheners" are even bad for me. Please folks, think about the people you have to share space with. Opening a window is not always an option.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic