Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon Lines Screwed Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon Lines Screwed Up
    Posted: 16 Apr 2003 at 5:08pm
Does anyone know why they fenced off the lines for Horner Rd, Potomac Mills, Rt 234, Tacketts, etc.?

I guess it doesn't matter why they did it, because it's already done. But who do I write to or speak to about what a bad job they did of providing an alternative pick area? The area now is very tight in space and the destination signs are yards away, blocked off by the fencing, so the lines cannot be easily set apart and seem to gel together. Cars come REALLY close to people because of the tight space ... now, I can just see someone getting hit by a car.

gg
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 5:13am
[8]Defense Protective Services (DPS)-- Parking Management Office (rm 2E165A) (703)697-6252 or Customer Service reps @ (703)614-6800/6802.

I'd pass their email, but they never answer it -- just like they never return their messages [:(!].

- Will
lotsa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lotsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 7:54am
Good luck with DPS. They have a long-standing reputation as being the bottom of the barrel. I've called them. They are very rude and either (I'm sorry for saying this, but it is true), they are not very bright, or they are on something. Picture one of the rudest store clerks you have ever encountered, multiply by 1,000 and you have DPS personnel.
Jah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 8:39am
The one thing about DPS is that they are consistent. Over a long period of time, they have displayed consistently appalling behavior. The military personnel now stationed at certain areas are a sharp contrast to DPS. I absolutley agree about what was said about the intelligence of these people and I understand the hesitation to state such a thing, but they demonstrate such awful behavior, behavior you would never allow your child to continue with. Something must be going on that the Pentagon would tolerate such Neanderthals as the so-called "security force," although to my way of thinking, there is nothing that would justify hiring and keeping such offensive personnel. I find it disturbing that we are talking about personnel at the Pentagon. Makes you loose faith that such a great military hub would allow so many people like this to keep their jobs.
Tilmer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 8:48am
I would not even ATTEMPT to contact DPS - they are worthless and you will definitely need a tranquilizer if you decide to deal with them. You will get nowhere with them, no matter what the subject, and for your trouble you will be spoken to like you are the devil himself. Their brains are fried and they are MEAN. If there IS a decent one among them, that person is staying well hidden. If you really want to contact someone, don't waste your time with DPS. Perhaps a little research and you can reach someone on the military staff. Even if they don't fix the problem, they may give you a reason why and you won't be spoken to by a person who acts like an extremely disturbed individual. Maybe some of the folks who participate on this message board work at the Pentagon and can give you a suggestion of who would be appropriate to contact. Just do yourself a favor and stay clear of the DPS.
DJM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 8:59am
I've often thought that the DPS would make one heck of a story on Tom Brokaw's show or a show like his. Can you imagine how it would appear if you could get the DPS on video and audio? Wow. Problem is, camera's and such are not allowed. They need to wipe the slate clean, because DPS is so bad, they would not even benefit from a training course. I'm thankful that not nearly as many of them are outside since the soliders have been stationed out there. The soldiers are truly professionals!
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2003 at 9:08am
quote:
Originally posted by Jah
[br]...I find it disturbing that we are talking about personnel at the Pentagon. Makes you loose faith that such a great military hub would allow so many people like this to keep their jobs.

[:o)]DPS[:o)] (IINM) falls under the "Federal Facilities Division" which is is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of the Pentagon Reservation. FFD in turn, comes under the Washington Headquarters Service, a DoD field activity headed up by OSD (A&M). Of note, I believe that position is presently vacant.

FWIW, ask anyone who works here about the recent hose job regarding parking on the reservation -- the "announcement" and subsequent "customer service" was yet another hallmark of facility management's "concern" and "support" (going to wear out the " key)...

- Will
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic