Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slug Line to Alexandria!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 1:09am
Eisenhower defnitely. This is the one that would work for me and that I would use. King Street does not work for me.
mseered View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mseered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 10:37pm
I support either location But I think King street would better since it has both the yellow and blue lines, but as someone has already stated.. the last HOV exit is at Springfield. That being the case, I think Springfield would also work. Since Im new to sluggin.. Im not sure why the line has to start at one particular location? But if I had to chose, I would say the VRE-Woodbridge
fmajette View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmajette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 8:06am
I don't advocate using the VRE Station to park because at present, parking is free for VRE users. I'm concerned that the free parking for VRE users may change if there is an onslaught of cars brought on by sluggers. Not a good idea!!!
sluggingnewbee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluggingnewbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 11:05am
I would absolutely support a slug line starting at Garrisonville Rd. to the King Street Metro or even Springfield metro. The HOV actually has one exit past the Springfield/495 exit that is very convenient to getting to the metro (metro station will be on the right exit straight off the road that the HOV exit dumps you on) not to mention an easy way back to the HOV from that same road from the metro. However, even if it were to go all the way to King Street metro it would cut at least an hour off of people's driving time due to skipping all that insane traffic on the regular lanes from Stafford up to the Sprinfield exit.
gortiz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gortiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 11:56am
quote:
Originally posted by fmajette

I don't advocate using the VRE Station to park because at present, parking is free for VRE users. I'm concerned that the free parking for VRE users may change if there is an onslaught of cars brought on by sluggers. Not a good idea!!!

well, the lorton vre has a real successful slug line to pentagon and L'enfant and both the train and slugs have coexisted without a hitch for a few years now ... but I see your concern.
Dasweetestsu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dasweetestsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:56am
I would love this idea but starting maybe at the Horner Rd. Location and I would prefer King Street Metro.
debnva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debnva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 6:08am
Are there any unofficial slug lines from Woodbridge to Alexandria until official lines are set? I'm starting to commute to Alexandria (Franklin St. area) next week.
bwelbornb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwelbornb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 1:03pm
Ideally, I am looking for Downtown Fredericksburg to Crystal City, but I could do Rt. 17 to King St. Metro Station since my ideal is not available!
dwaynehoffman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwaynehoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 11:04am
I work right off of Eisenhower Avenue, and would definitely consider driving slugs from the Horner Lot upwards to Springfield Metro/Eisenhower Ave Metro.

The new flyover ramp to Eisenhower Avenue is beneficial for me. Any thoughts?
kaydee444@yahoo.com View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaydee444@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 1:02pm
I vote for slugging to Eisenhower or King Street. Taking the HOV to Springfield, then getting on 495 to Eisenhower or King Street takes all of about 10 minutes once you get off HOV which is not much different than those that slug to DC and still have to go all through DC once they get downtown. (Point is, it doesn't take that long after getting off at Springfield to get to King Street especially if you take the Eisenhower Connector exit). So a vote for yes from me to start a line going to those locations. I agree that it doesn't have to start at a particular lot, it can be an option at all of the lots, 234, Horner, Potomac Mills, Old Hechinger, Tacketts, etc. I'm sure there's people at all of those locations that work in Alexandria.

I also vote for a Springfield slug line. For those who'd rather park at Springfield but don't want to sit in traffic to get there, it would be nice to pick up slugs to go there and just get off at Sprinfield and do the same coming back home in the evening. I know it's a pain trying to catch a bus from there to Horner/Potomac going South because they don't come frequently enough, so for those who need to go to Springfield, being able to slug there would be a plus that way also.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic