Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Relocation of 19th St. Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nats_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relocation of 19th St. Slug Line
    Posted: 19 May 2010 at 4:47pm
Has anyone considered moving the 19th St. line by GW University to the other side of the street? After picking a rider(s) up, I find it very difficult to cross over through 2-3 lanes of traffic so I continue down to Constitution Ave. Shifting the line to the other side of the street would:

a) prevent some of the traffic tie ups that occur when a driver(s) are parked waiting for a rider.
b) make if much easier to head straight on 19th, after picking up a rider, without battling 2-3 lanes of cars trying to turn rights on E St.

Any thoughts?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 8:45am
quote:
Originally posted by nats_fan

Has anyone considered moving the 19th St. line by GW University to the other side of the street? After picking a rider(s) up, I find it very difficult to cross over through 2-3 lanes of traffic so I continue down to Constitution Ave. Shifting the line to the other side of the street would:

a) prevent some of the traffic tie ups that occur when a driver(s) are parked waiting for a rider.
b) make if much easier to head straight on 19th, after picking up a rider, without battling 2-3 lanes of cars trying to turn rights on E St.

Any thoughts?

It would make it much more dangerous for the front passengers to get into the car.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic