Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette and Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Etiquette and Rules
    Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 6:51am
I drove on June 2 (Wednesday) and picked a rude black man in suite from L'Efant. He insisted I must reduce the volume of the radio. I asked him why he is bordered by the volume, He offered no explaination and was trying to bully me to reduce the volume, so I said no. He then called the police twice inside the car. On arrival at Horner Road, he left my car door open, went behind my car and took a picture with his cell phone.

Riders should be aware of the slugging etiquette. You do not bully a driver to do anything.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 8:11am
Well, you've already blown your opportunity to back over him while he was taking a picture of your car so I guess your best move would be not to allow him in your vehicle next time. It might also be a good idea to reconsider whether your volume settings are appropriate for carrying passengers. Try to remember that slugs are people, not freight, and they deserve the same consideration as any other passengers in your vehicle.
Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 6:47pm
You don't think it's rude as hell to blast the radio with other people in the car who don't like it? Seriously??
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 4:54pm
Goodness - how loud does the radio have to be to elicit such a response from a slugger? I am proposing that it was pretty loud or offensive to the slugger in some way - Rap? Political programming? Although I will tolerate just about anything for my ride home, including loud right wing talk show hosts blaring from loudspeakers against the back of my head, I think most sluggers appreciate a low radio volume and inoffensive content, and drivers should be considerate to TRY not to offend. There are certainly one or two drivers that find it amusing to "educate" their passengers while they are in their car! Remember slugs are offering you a service too - getting you home earlier, just as you are offering them a service. We should all be considerate of each other.
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 9:17am
While I don't know what happened since I wasn't there, I think it is rather telling that the only label you use is "rude black man". Why mention a person's race unless it is part of an overall description? Me thinks your slip is showing Freud.
Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 6:42pm
AA - you're right. I get the "education" via radio from the Left and Right wingnuts. That's when I pull out my ipod headphones.
But wasn't there an unwritten rule that you should have neutral radio content like WTOP or something? Or is that just good manners?
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 7:37am
quote:
Originally posted by Pentagon1

AA - you're right. I get the "education" via radio from the Left and Right wingnuts. That's when I pull out my ipod headphones.
But wasn't there an unwritten rule that you should have neutral radio content like WTOP or something? Or is that just good manners?

We all have to remember this is a FREE ride! I also don't care for any of the wingnuts from either side and enjoy when the drive has different station on, but we can’t tell them what they have to listen to or to switch the station.
Was the volume really that bad? Omini

Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 7:16am
And drivers need to realize they are getting a FREE ticket to the HOV. It's mutualy beneficial folks.
billr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 8:08am
I bring an iPod and earplugs. So if the music (or movie playing on driver's DVD console! is too loud, i retreat to my sanctuary.
billr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 8:12am
Omini, here's a snippet from this website's etiquette section:

----
Consideration - both drivers and slugs should use common consideration during the commute. For example, drivers should try to use a relatively clean car, avoid heavy use of perfumes or colognes, and keep the radio at a moderate level.
----

So, if your radio was loud...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic