Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rt.234 DUMFRIES- Organized Pick-up Lines- 14JUN10
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt.234 DUMFRIES- Organized Pick-up Lines- 14JUN10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 7:11am
Pikomanu, is there a return from Rosslyn to 234, or do you have to go to the Pentagon to get a ride back in the afternoon?

Dale H
pikomanu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikomanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 7:58am
There is a Horner Road and 610, but no afternoon line in Rosslyn back to 234. You have to go back to the Pentagon and catch a ride there.
Dale H View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 10:11am
Thanks. That is what I thought. I have been slugging from Horner to Rosslyn, but live much closer to the 234 lot.

Pentagon just doesn't work for me.

Dale H
ReluctantCommuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReluctantCommuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 8:59pm
Well I see our Self-Appointed Junior VDOT Engineer Wannabe continues living the dream. Evenings in the basement with your inkjet printer, stapler, plastic wrap and bamboo sticks; mornings spent rushing around littering the commuter lot with your rubbish signs; and no doubt afternoons smugly reveling in delusions of grandeur.

So where did it all start? Bad potty training experiences? Self-esteem problems in grade school? Did mommy used to rub your little tummy and tell you how much more clever you were than the other children? And then what? Six years to graduate from some third rate college, followed by years of being passed over at promotion time? Bill O'Reilly got you all riled up?

There's a reason VDOT keeps throwing your third-grade artwork project in the trash. Can we put on our thinking caps and maybe glean a clue as to why that might be? Do you think maybe it's not a great idea to scatter pedestrians throughout a parking lot full of overly-stimulated, under-skilled, frustrated, NASCAR-driver wannabe's. Can we try real hard and imagine why that might be a bad idea? How about when it's icy and pitch black at 6:00 AM in the middle of winter? Hmmm??

Please, do yourself a favor and do all of us a favor and get some help. What with advanced techniques in counseling and modern pharmaceuticals there is a good chance they can stabilize your brain chemistry and help you work through your childhood trauma's and have you living a normal life without the need to thrust your megalomaniacal delusions of order on the rest of us.

Because quite frankly, one of these days someone's going to get hurt. And it's going to be your fault, no matter how much you wish to rationalize it in that tiny little brain of yours.

Please, just give it a rest!
fruitfulone View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fruitfulone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:34am
quote:
Originally posted by fnk1481

According to http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/dumfries_road.asp, the Dumfries Road Slug Line only goes to Pentagon, 14th & Constitution, 14th at Commerce Dept, 14th & New York, 14th & F Street, 18th Street (?), and L'Enfant Plaza. When did we add Crystal City and Rosslyn? Is the Map of Locations up-to-date?
[?]

See forum here about my proposed new slug line between Rosslyn and 234: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11128

Slugs Unite!
Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:39am
How can we get permanent signs at 234. The lines need to be separated. This morning we all were backed up because cars headed for 14th didnt have riders, therefore cars could not pull forward and we had to keep yelling back. I go to Crystal City and usually have a wait. I had to keep calling back for 14th and those at the back had to keep call forward to check and make sure no one was getting a ride ahead of others.

Separating the lines would make for a faster and more organized pick up for all.

If we all become consistent, it should not take more than a week or two to get it consistent.

NEXT - Does anyone headed to 234 go down Crystal Drive, Crystal City instead of going to the Pentagon to pick up sluggers?
Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:48am
Its too bad that you don't like this suggestion. It works well at Horner Road and could also here and make for a quicker, smoother commute for all. I am also going to work towards getting PERMANENT SIGNS for separation of the lines.

quote:
Originally posted by ReluctantCommuter

Well I see our Self-Appointed Junior VDOT Engineer Wannabe continues living the dream. Evenings in the basement with your inkjet printer, stapler, plastic wrap and bamboo sticks; mornings spent rushing around littering the commuter lot with your rubbish signs; and no doubt afternoons smugly reveling in delusions of grandeur.

So where did it all start? Bad potty training experiences? Self-esteem problems in grade school? Did mommy used to rub your little tummy and tell you how much more clever you were than the other children? And then what? Six years to graduate from some third rate college, followed by years of being passed over at promotion time? Bill O'Reilly got you all riled up?

There's a reason VDOT keeps throwing your third-grade artwork project in the trash. Can we put on our thinking caps and maybe glean a clue as to why that might be? Do you think maybe it's not a great idea to scatter pedestrians throughout a parking lot full of overly-stimulated, under-skilled, frustrated, NASCAR-driver wannabe's. Can we try real hard and imagine why that might be a bad idea? How about when it's icy and pitch black at 6:00 AM in the middle of winter? Hmmm??

Please, do yourself a favor and do all of us a favor and get some help. What with advanced techniques in counseling and modern pharmaceuticals there is a good chance they can stabilize your brain chemistry and help you work through your childhood trauma's and have you living a normal life without the need to thrust your megalomaniacal delusions of order on the rest of us.

Because quite frankly, one of these days someone's going to get hurt. And it's going to be your fault, no matter how much you wish to rationalize it in that tiny little brain of yours.

Please, just give it a rest!

HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 6:37pm
ReluntactCommuter(RC) - Let me guess, the name WrappedTight(WT) was already taken. I can only hope you're civil service and not a soldier. God knows you're not private sector.

Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 7:34pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bodybykids

Its too bad that you don't like this suggestion. It works well at Horner Road and could also here and make for a quicker, smoother commute for all. I am also going to work towards getting PERMANENT SIGNS for separation of the lines.

Horner Road does not have permanent signs.

quote:
Originally posted by HOV3Slug

ReluntactCommuter(RC) - Let me guess, the name WrappedTight(WT) was already taken. I can only hope you're civil service and not a soldier. God knows you're not private sector.

I think the problem that ReluctantCommuter has is that there was no community action... Some random yahoo just went out and put up signs without any sort of thought.

Whomever wants to organize the lines needs to involve others, not just haphazardly put up signs... Some of us drive all the time and are aware of the idiosyncrasies of the parking lot... Others slug all the time and can offer input on where preferred queuing areas would be.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
jewlz965 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jewlz965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 2:03pm
I just learned about the new lines at the 234 commuter lot this morning. GREAT IDEA!! I recall hearing something about this a few weeks back, but never heard the specifics.
For those of you critical of this and questioning why one person started the new lines without coordinating with at least one group of people, check this out:
http://www.slug-lines.com/Slugging/How_to_start_a_line.asp

Now, just wondering how to convince those of you who work in Crystal City to start a slug line near the Crystal Drive/12th Street intersection . . .

Safe Riding!
Julie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic