Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rt.234 DUMFRIES- Organized Pick-up Lines- 14JUN10
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt.234 DUMFRIES- Organized Pick-up Lines- 14JUN10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Burden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 4:51pm
What time does the new 234 lot fill up and what is the latest you cna get slugs? Thanks.
louise725 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louise725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 12:15pm
I think most of us Slugs try to get as close to work and as close to home as possible when commuting. To call sluggers names and portray that someone is other than competent is very childish to me. If you do not like the way that someone is trying to start a commuter line, you should read how slug-lines.com suggest how to form a slug line. I think this suggestion was already made actually by another slugger. I don't believe that it is in anyone's interest to voice such negative and rude comments to another slugger trying to help themselves or others. What may work for you, may not work for others. I hope the moderators will take interest in how others are treated verbally when making a suggestion. If you are not happy, I believe that there are ways to express that without name calling. There are now four lines at the 234 commuter lot (Pentagon, DC, Crystal City, and Rosslyn). I have gotten a ride to Rosslyn everyday that I have gotten in the line, so it does work. It may not be the most effective at this time, but when people who normally pick up in the Pentagon line for Rosslyn start to realize that there is actually a Rosslyn line, it will get better. I see all 4 lines being used everyday and have been for at least 3 weeks or more. As far as the signs, why shouldn't 234 have permanent signs if it is possible to get them. I think we should all try to help one another and not trash each other.
quote:
Originally posted by ReluctantCommuter

Well I see our Self-Appointed Junior VDOT Engineer Wannabe continues living the dream. Evenings in the basement with your inkjet printer, stapler, plastic wrap and bamboo sticks; mornings spent rushing around littering the commuter lot with your rubbish signs; and no doubt afternoons smugly reveling in delusions of grandeur.

So where did it all start? Bad potty training experiences? Self-esteem problems in grade school? Did mommy used to rub your little tummy and tell you how much more clever you were than the other children? And then what? Six years to graduate from some third rate college, followed by years of being passed over at promotion time? Bill O'Reilly got you all riled up?

There's a reason VDOT keeps throwing your third-grade artwork project in the trash. Can we put on our thinking caps and maybe glean a clue as to why that might be? Do you think maybe it's not a great idea to scatter pedestrians throughout a parking lot full of overly-stimulated, under-skilled, frustrated, NASCAR-driver wannabe's. Can we try real hard and imagine why that might be a bad idea? How about when it's icy and pitch black at 6:00 AM in the middle of winter? Hmmm??

Please, do yourself a favor and do all of us a favor and get some help. What with advanced techniques in counseling and modern pharmaceuticals there is a good chance they can stabilize your brain chemistry and help you work through your childhood trauma's and have you living a normal life without the need to thrust your megalomaniacal delusions of order on the rest of us.

Because quite frankly, one of these days someone's going to get hurt. And it's going to be your fault, no matter how much you wish to rationalize it in that tiny little brain of yours.

Please, just give it a rest!

Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 7:40am
Thanks to whoever put up signs once again at 234 Lot. It seems that the separated lines are working and moving faster.
LedFooT View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LedFooT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 1:37pm
Ridiculuous! Seperate lines mean more ppl roaming about the lot, creating a safety issue. One line has worked, does work, and will work without busy-bodies projecting their extremely minor (read trivial, trite, miniscule) issues on everyone else who has used this system for YEARS. Passing the word down the line is not an issue, ppl.
Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:41pm
Where do you see people roaming the lot? I see everyone coming from their respective vehicles headed to the particular line they want to be in. If you don't want to participate, its simple, just don't. Enjoy your evening!
louise725 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louise725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:38pm
I certainly agree! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM! Are people tooooo lazy to walk a few extra steps to get in another line. The people who are against the individual lines must not commute from the Pentagon. The are a lot more than 4 lines at the Pentagon (while I do understand that they are not coming to our area). I just don't understand all the negativity. But I can bet you one thing, if even one of those negative people needed to get in "another" line to commute, they will do it, with no thanks to all of us who are trying so hard to make the 234/Rosslyn and vice versa work. If you don't like it, don't comment and don't use it. Period. Let's give the negatitivy a rest!
quote:
Originally posted by Bodybykids

Where do you see people roaming the lot? I see everyone coming from their respective vehicles headed to the particular line they want to be in. If you don't want to participate, its simple, just don't. Enjoy your evening!

louise725 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louise725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:42pm
You obviously don't commute from the Pentagon and slug home. How many lines are there? Does it work? Yes! Exactly!! Some other negative person talked about the danger of more lines. Have you seen the Pentagon line at 234 so long that it wraps around and blocks cars and people who are trying to park and walk to the lines, and that's not dangerous!! If you are not going to commute from 234 to Rosslyn, then why are you so concerned with those that are going to commute to Rosslyn. The only thing that I can see driving this negativity is that those who pick up for the Pentagon and (back to 234 only) may feel they may lose riders if there is more than one line. But you are not the only person that needs to get to work. The only reason why someone may be "roaming" around the lot is because they don't know about other lines and are trying to find them. Passing the word down the line does not always work and I have seen and heard people ready to ponce on someone who "misunderstands" the "hollering" and jumps in front of someone. How do I know this, because it happened to me and some guy cursed at me because I went to get in a car. He was in front of me but didn't move when someone called out Rosslyn "twice" and it was loud enough for him to hear, but he was playing with his IPOD!
quote:
Originally posted by LedFooT

Ridiculuous! Seperate lines mean more ppl roaming about the lot, creating a safety issue. One line has worked, does work, and will work without busy-bodies projecting their extremely minor (read trivial, trite, miniscule) issues on everyone else who has used this system for YEARS. Passing the word down the line is not an issue, ppl.

CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 9:11pm
Well I do know that in the morning, when its dark I am concerned because I have had a couple near misses of people popping out between cars, people are hard to see in BDUs or business suits. i have no idea if they were going to these new lines but it does seem like it could have been the case. At any rate, I do commute to the Pentagon so if y'all want to form new lines whatever just don't block spaces and be mindful that at 6 am people may not see you standing in an area that has no curb. But I couldn't end this post without saying "jeez-louise" calm down, there have been some strong opinions on this topic but certainly no call for the moderators to delete posts as you suggest in another thread. Viva freedom of speech!

CJ
louise725 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louise725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 10:00am
First of all, I did not suggest that other posts be deleted. I suggested that the moderators be aware of how others post and not allow for the type of comments that some members make (maybe alerting a member when they have gone "over-the-top). I still don't believe that a post by anyone should include name calling, berating others, or otherwise suggest that another member is stupid. I made this suggestion based on comments by "reluctantcommuter" and others who wrote similar posts and replies to those posts. It just "seems" to me from some of the negative posts that if a member is not going to the Pentagon from 234, then nothing else matters. There are those of us who still commute to the Pentagon because sometimes we have no other options, but I don't believe that there should only be one line. If only one line existed at all of the commuter lots, then the point of having only one line wouldn't be an issue. To make my point again about responses to posts, you suggest that "geez-Louise" should calm down. I was very calm when I wrote the other posts and am very calm replying to your post. You don't even know me or my character but you suggest that I am other than calm.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 3:59pm
quote:
Originally posted by louise725

You obviously don't commute from the Pentagon and slug home. How many lines are there? Does it work? Yes! Exactly!! Some other negative person talked about the danger of more lines. Have you seen the Pentagon line at 234 so long that it wraps around and blocks cars and people who are trying to park and walk to the lines, and that's not dangerous!! If you are not going to commute from 234 to Rosslyn, then why are you so concerned with those that are going to commute to Rosslyn. The only thing that I can see driving this negativity is that those who pick up for the Pentagon and (back to 234 only) may feel they may lose riders if there is more than one line. But you are not the only person that needs to get to work. The only reason why someone may be "roaming" around the lot is because they don't know about other lines and are trying to find them. Passing the word down the line does not always work and I have seen and heard people ready to ponce on someone who "misunderstands" the "hollering" and jumps in front of someone. How do I know this, because it happened to me and some guy cursed at me because I went to get in a car. He was in front of me but didn't move when someone called out Rosslyn "twice" and it was loud enough for him to hear, but he was playing with his IPOD!
quote:
Originally posted by LedFooT

Louise,
It seemed to me you were upset since you used exclamation points multiple times. As I recall from grade school and school house rock videos on Saturday mornings, <sing with me here folks> "interjections-show excitement, show emotion, and are followed by an exclamation point... or by a comma when the feeling is not as strong....". So my apologies if I misinterpreted your "!!"

CJ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic