Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CNN Headline News Reports on Slugging!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CNN Headline News Reports on Slugging!
    Posted: 09 May 2003 at 6:09am
CNN Headline News Reports on Slugging (8 May 03) - Slugging received national news coverage on CNN Headline News last night at approximately 8:20 pm EST. During the three-four minute segment, the CNN news anchor discussed the amazing slugging phenomena occurring in Washington DC and Northern Virginia. Also discussed were its many advantages and benefits to the local area. Hopefully, my interview presented slugging in the best way possible and that viewers were left with not only a good impression but a willingness to at least try slugging.
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2003 at 8:12am
That's great!

Do you know if they will re-air the segment? I'd really like to see it and possibly tape it.

gg
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2003 at 11:24am
Was is a phone interview or were you on the video?

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2003 at 11:33am
It was actually done live in a studio with a hookup to the CNN anchor in Atlanta. They were amazed at how the system operated and how many people actually slugged.

I do not know if it will be re-broadcasted again. It was a faily long segemnt (3-4 minutes) in CNN Headline terms. They might air small sections, but I really don't know. I intend to ask for permission to "re-broadcast" the segment here on the website using Mediaplayer or Realplayer, etc.

More to follow.
Margo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2003 at 4:12pm
I noticed the CNN website has transcripts from past shows, but didn't have time to zero in on that particular air time to see if they had a transcript for the slugging segment.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic