Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sleeping with slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2003 at 10:52am
Now, can we expect the drivers to apologize for anything they do that sluggers don't like (tailgating, weaving back and forth, constantly alternating between accelerating and braking, etc)?
sluggie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2003 at 3:55pm
I slug, and I can agree at times with the original poster on this topic. There is one particular slug that I end up getting stuck in the car with, and lo and behold, he snores very loudly every time!

I drove recently and ended up with him in my car...and traffic was backed up in the express lanes...and it took quite a while to get in...and he snored very loudly for an hour and a half. I tried turning up the music, to no avail.

If you hear me snoring, please...wake me up! I know a lot of the drivers who pick me up...and I sure hope you don't let me snore the whole way. I'd be embarassed. Thanks in advance, drivers, for not letting me embarass myself unnecessarily. [:D]
JohnnyBoxofDonuts View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyBoxofDonuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2003 at 12:54pm
There's a lot of people in this world, folks! Some are good, some are bad, some get together to help one another get to work in an efficient manner. If drivers think to drive they way they would want drivers to do so, were they slugs, and vice-versa, everyone would be off to a great start. That said, people are different, but everyone exacting a little bit of tolerance, noting that slugging is beneficial to the driver and to the slugs, don't sweat the small stuff, but relish in the fact that, for the most part, our commute in the HOV lanes is much better than tackling it alone on the outside (lanes). Continue to exercise tolerance, and let this issue fade.
[^]
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2003 at 1:57pm
Maybe if the driver would engage in a conversation the person wouldn't be bored to death and wouldn't want to fall asleep. I hate when I drive and people fall asleep...I feel like I am doing something wrong. I like to talk to the people I ride with and get to know them.....it's a great opportunity to make new friends etc. Not that I haven't fallen asleep when riding in someone's car, or that I try to wake them up when they do sleep.....and I always laugh if someone snores...I think it's hillarious! :)
Tupe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 7:54am
You want to put the responsibility on the driver to wake you up as he/she is driving? Oh, no. As a driver, I am not about to take my attention off the road to wake someone up. I'd rather let them snore. If you would be that embarrassed to be found snoring, then DON'T FALL ASLEEP. It is no one else's responsibility - just yours. If a driver chooses to wake you up that is a different story, but to ask drivers to take the initiative - give me a break.

quote:
Originally posted by sluggie
[br]I slug, and I can agree at times with the original poster on this topic. There is one particular slug that I end up getting stuck in the car with, and lo and behold, he snores very loudly every time!

I drove recently and ended up with him in my car...and traffic was backed up in the express lanes...and it took quite a while to get in...and he snored very loudly for an hour and a half. I tried turning up the music, to no avail.

If you hear me snoring, please...wake me up! I know a lot of the drivers who pick me up...and I sure hope you don't let me snore the whole way. I'd be embarassed. Thanks in advance, drivers, for not letting me embarass myself unnecessarily. [:D]

krr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 8:04am
People are different and have the right to not have to engage in conversation if that is their preference. You may be happier finding a fixed car pool with like-minded people.

quote:
Originally posted by DC_Slugger
[br]Maybe if the driver would engage in a conversation the person wouldn't be bored to death and wouldn't want to fall asleep. I hate when I drive and people fall asleep...I feel like I am doing something wrong. I like to talk to the people I ride with and get to know them.....it's a great opportunity to make new friends etc. Not that I haven't fallen asleep when riding in someone's car, or that I try to wake them up when they do sleep.....and I always laugh if someone snores...I think it's hillarious! :)

gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 8:25am
krr,

Please lighten up [:D]. I believe DC_Slugger is just voicing his/her preferences and wouldn't ncessarily force someone to engage in conversation [:)]

gg
krr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 11:51am
If you don't mind, gg - just allow me my thoughts. Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by gg
[br]krr,

Please lighten up [:D]. I believe DC_Slugger is just voicing his/her preferences and wouldn't ncessarily force someone to engage in conversation [:)]

gg

Jah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 11:58am
I agree with krr. I've run into more than one driver who feels that way and it is quite annoying when all you want to do is read or sleep. I choose to tolerate it but krr is right - allow him/her to voice their sentiments without someone (particularily someone other than the writer) constantly saying "lighten up."
sluggie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 12:45pm
quote:
Originally posted by Tupe
[br]You want to put the responsibility on the driver to wake you up as he/she is driving? Oh, no. As a driver, I am not about to take my attention off the road to wake someone up. I'd rather let them snore. If you would be that embarrassed to be found snoring, then DON'T FALL ASLEEP. It is no one else's responsibility - just yours. If a driver chooses to wake you up that is a different story, but to ask drivers to take the initiative - give me a break.

Was I asking the driver to take the initiative? NO....YOU GIVE ME A BREAK. It was never implied anywhere in what I wrote. I personally don't know if I have snored in anyone's car. Did I personally ask you to wake me up? No..made a statement. That was it. I think your answer was a little harsh for no reason. I sure hope you don't pick me up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic