Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sleeping with slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 12:48pm
Maybe YOU should "lighten up." Cheez! No reason TO SHOUT!!

quote:
Originally posted by sluggie
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Tupe
[br]You want to put the responsibility on the driver to wake you up as he/she is driving? Oh, no. As a driver, I am not about to take my attention off the road to wake someone up. I'd rather let them snore. If you would be that embarrassed to be found snoring, then DON'T FALL ASLEEP. It is no one else's responsibility - just yours. If a driver chooses to wake you up that is a different story, but to ask drivers to take the initiative - give me a break.

Was I asking the driver to take the initiative? NO....YOU GIVE ME A BREAK. It was never implied anywhere in what I wrote. I personally don't know if I have snored in anyone's car. Did I personally ask you to wake me up? No..made a statement. That was it. I think your answer was a little harsh for no reason. I sure hope you don't pick me up!

Telser View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Telser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 1:07pm
Whoa!!!! What line do YOU go to? Would like to avoid someone with so much anger.

Was I asking the driver to take the initiative? NO....YOU GIVE ME A BREAK. It was never implied anywhere in what I wrote. I personally don't know if I have snored in anyone's car. Did I personally ask you to wake me up? No..made a statement. That was it. I think your answer was a little harsh for no reason. I sure hope you don't pick me up!
Kelsey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 1:09pm
Sluggie: I think you may be the one to avoid. Perhaps a little lunch would help. Sometimes the blood sugar level drops and we get a little grouchy.

quote:
Originally posted by sluggie
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Tupe
[br]You want to put the responsibility on the driver to wake you up as he/she is driving? Oh, no. As a driver, I am not about to take my attention off the road to wake someone up. I'd rather let them snore. If you would be that embarrassed to be found snoring, then DON'T FALL ASLEEP. It is no one else's responsibility - just yours. If a driver chooses to wake you up that is a different story, but to ask drivers to take the initiative - give me a break.

mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2003 at 12:49pm
I hear cats hissing...claws protruding...

Take it easy, EVERYBODY!! You'd think a snoring slug was the end of the world or something!! Half of us have spouses that snore anyway, so what's the big deal? I laugh at those who snore in my car. It's much better treatment than my better half gets (elbows to the ribs, heels to the shin). Relax. It's a snore, not satanic incantations. It's not like the driver is trying to get some sleep.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2003 at 2:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]I hear cats hissing...claws protruding...

Take it easy, EVERYBODY!! You'd think a snoring slug was the end of the world or something!! Half of us have spouses that snore anyway, so what's the big deal? I laugh at those who snore in my car. It's much better treatment than my better half gets (elbows to the ribs, heels to the shin). Relax. It's a snore, not satanic incantations. It's not like the driver is trying to get some sleep.

So, mirangus, what are you trying to say? Are you implying that there is something WRONG with satanic incantations? Maybe some of us happen to like satanic incantations. Please try to exercise a little tolerance - it goes a long way - and don't anyone suggest that I find a carpool with others who share my interest in satanic incantations because I was in one until one of our members died and went to...well, you know.[}:)][}:)]

Only kidding, of course[:o)][:o)]

Mike
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2003 at 2:22pm
mycroftt,

No matter what you say, you are entitled to voice your thoughts [:0]... you are welcome. Oh, you were only kidding![:)]

gg
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2003 at 9:24am
Hey - I like watching "cat fights" [:D], esp when clothes are wripped off and they end up wrestling in the mud!!
(I wonder how much beer that commercial sold?[:o)])!

But, like I tell my kids, don't argue with a fool because people may not be able to tell the differnce [;)]
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 9:19am
Krr....I was never saying you should force people into conversation....just that I would rather talk to people than sleep. There are days when I ride and all I want to do is sleep or when I want to talk, but I know a lot of drivers enjoy having someone to talk to when they drive...I do. It makes me feel uncomfortable when I drive if people fall asleep....like I said I feel like I am boring them. So I just put in a nice CD and enjoy some quiet music on the way home, but trust me I would rather be talking.

It's the best way to find out things going on in the neighborhood....or what other people's thoughts are on the new mall, or the lack of things to do in town for children, but that's just me and what I like....I never said that anyone had to comply with what I WANT. [8D]

gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 10:11am
DC_Slugger,

Thanks for the clarification. I always knew you were a nice person [:D].

gg
krr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 12:09pm
OK DC Slugger. Thanks for the clarification.

quote:
Originally posted by DC_Slugger
[br]Krr....I was never saying you should force people into conversation....just that I would rather talk to people than sleep. There are days when I ride and all I want to do is sleep or when I want to talk, but I know a lot of drivers enjoy having someone to talk to when they drive...I do. It makes me feel uncomfortable when I drive if people fall asleep....like I said I feel like I am boring them. So I just put in a nice CD and enjoy some quiet music on the way home, but trust me I would rather be talking.

It's the best way to find out things going on in the neighborhood....or what other people's thoughts are on the new mall, or the lack of things to do in town for children, but that's just me and what I like....I never said that anyone had to comply with what I WANT. [8D]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic