Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sleeping with slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 12:24pm
I'm only expressing my opinion on this, but I think those of you who can't resist telling others to cool it and feel like you have to act as an intermediary to those who are in disagreement are quite annoying. Let folks play it out even if they are angry. Most of the time it plays out fine between the parties. If the urge is too great for you, then talk a walk (or do some work!) and spare the talk.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 2:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by Tilmer
[br]I'm only expressing my opinion on this, but I think those of you who can't resist telling others to cool it and feel like you have to act as an intermediary to those who are in disagreement are quite annoying. Let folks play it out even if they are angry. Most of the time it plays out fine between the parties. If the urge is too great for you, then talk a walk (or do some work!) and spare the talk.

And what is it, exactly, that you're trying to accomplish with your post? What good does whatever you just said have to do with slugging? You just went ahead and did the same thing that you were trying to complain about, insofar as acting as an intermediate party. Now that's annoying! This board is for anyone to say what they want to say. If you don't like what you are seeing, perhaps you should stop reading!!
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2003 at 8:23am
mirangus,

You are absolutely correct! The stench of hypocrisy was getting to me too.

gg
Rus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2003 at 12:03pm
gg--I think, once again, you missed the point. It isn't a bad thing to miss the point, but for someone who has so much time on their hands and weighs in on so many comments, you should try holding your tongue every once in a while.

quote:
Originally posted by gg
[br]mirangus,

You are absolutely correct! The stench of hypocrisy was getting to me too.

gg

FreeRide View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeRide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2003 at 9:58am
People! I have to admit this topic/arguments are very entertaining......but WHO CARES IF PEOPLE SLEEP AND SNORE!! Sometimes it's the only time people get to rest during the day. Some people work 2 jobs, raising famlies, single parents, going to school, ill, having a tough time, etc. You never know what other people are going thru. If I can put a little pleasure in someone's day by them getting a "cat nap" and snoring....then so be it...my day is made as well. [:)]
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2003 at 10:22am
Rus,

I understand the point that you are trying to make -- suppress thoughts and freedom of speech, right? Based on your comment is it fair to say that you can make comments but others, if they annoy you, can't? (no flames intended)

gg
3ForHOV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ForHOV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2003 at 11:16am
quote:
Originally posted by FreeRide
[br]If I can put a little pleasure in someone's day by them getting a "cat nap" and snoring....then so be it...my day is made as well. [:)]

I totally agree with you. I cannot complain about a system that is free and works for most everyone's benefit. You take the good with the bad.

Rus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2003 at 1:31pm
Forget it gg - you still don't get it. Not worth it to me to explain it to you based on your other responses.

quote:
Originally posted by gg
[br]Rus,

I understand the point that you are trying to make -- suppress thoughts and freedom of speech, right? Based on your comment is it fair to say that you can make comments but others, if they annoy you, can't? (no flames intended)

gg

Monbe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2003 at 1:38pm
Oh, brother!

quote:
Originally posted by gg
[br]Rus,

gg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic