Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Being nice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Being nice
    Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:31pm
I'm new to slugging and i have been in this area for over 10 years. Retired Military and the reason i haven't slugged until this year was i worked away from the main flow of Traffic out in Haymarket. I Drive the 610 in Stafford into the Pentagon and I have not had any issues but i have heard many stories. I don't follow the normal rules of no talking and don't use your cell. Mine is simple no cursing, no politics and no eating or smoking. I drive a 750 BMW and as long as people respect other riders and myself and my car then my car is your car. I put on low jazz which is neutral and i keep the air condition blowing low and give people the option to talk or work or sleep. I have a child sit in my car that can be removed very easy. If i see a large amount of Pentagon sluggers or 610 slugger i normally grab a extra person. If people treat people the way they wantto be treat or their family members treated then we could have a eacy commute back and fourth to work everyday[:D]

750LI
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 2:24pm
Based on the description, I've had the pleasure of riding in with you twice last week. One of those days I was the 3rd slug as the line was long and you did remove the car seat. Thank you for being a safe and courteous driver.
trapps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 11:11am
Thank you Toka. I will do it everytime if I need to do it. I don't want to take 3 if more cars are there because that will delay other people trying to pick up rider to get to work. I really appreciate someone that notices when you do something that you really are not required to do.[:)]

750LI
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic