Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monroe Park and Ride to DC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webbuzzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monroe Park and Ride to DC
    Posted: 12 May 2003 at 1:45pm
Any talk of slug lines starting at Monroe Park and Ride? It seems a perfect easy on off spot for those on the toll road.
hosehead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hosehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2003 at 3:09pm
I am new to slugging (and commuting into DC) and Im planning on taking the bus from Monroe to the Metro, but a slug line would be great. Also, is there a bus that goes directly from Monroe into DC somewhere?
mkatz2m View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkatz2m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2003 at 4:33pm
I have been commuting into DC from the Monroe Park and Ride for 4 1/2 years by bus to West Falls Church and then from West Falls Church to the Gallery Place/Chinatown stop by subway. One morning recently when the buses were not arriving for a long time, I became a slug for a driver
that actually worked in my building. Ever since, I have been dreaming to ride as a slug for a driver from the Monroe lot to the Gallery Place area. I know a new slug pickup area is now going to Rosslyn,VA from Monroe; but that won't help me enough. Anyone driving from Monroe Park and Ride area looking for slugs near Gallery Place subway stop?
webbuzzard View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webbuzzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2003 at 9:21am
Any details on the Monroe to Rosslyn slug? I go to Union Station, but the slug to Rosslyn would be much faster for me.
CraigDavis View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigDavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2003 at 4:19am
Was picked up from the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride yesterday at 7am.. driver was headed to Rosslyn. Looks like a line has started to form. Need more drivers!
emt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2003 at 9:45am
quote:
Originally posted by webbuzzard
[br]Any details on the Monroe to Rosslyn slug? I go to Union Station, but the slug to Rosslyn would be much faster for me.

we commute / slug in from Herndon Monroe P&R around 8 a.m. into Rosslyn. There are quite a few drivers now pulling in at that time. Hope this helps.
webbuzzard View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webbuzzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2003 at 2:51pm
where do you wait for the slug?
HerndonCommuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HerndonCommuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2003 at 5:25pm
quote:
Originally posted by mkatz2m
[br]I have been commuting into DC from the Monroe Park and Ride for 4 1/2 years by bus to West Falls Church and then from West Falls Church to the Gallery Place/Chinatown stop by subway. One morning recently when the buses were not arriving for a long time, I became a slug for a driver
that actually worked in my building. Ever since, I have been dreaming to ride as a slug for a driver from the Monroe lot to the Gallery Place area. I know a new slug pickup area is now going to Rosslyn,VA from Monroe; but that won't help me enough. Anyone driving from Monroe Park and Ride area looking for slugs near Gallery Place subway stop?

HerndonCommuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HerndonCommuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2003 at 11:15am
Anyone else interested in extending the new Rosslyn slug line from Herndon-Monroe to go all the way into DC? I work near Farragut West and would love it if there was a slug line between that area and the park and ride.

[br]
quote:
Originally posted by mkatz2m
[br]I have been commuting into DC from the Monroe Park and Ride for 4 1/2 years by bus to West Falls Church and then from West Falls Church to the Gallery Place/Chinatown stop by subway. One morning recently when the buses were not arriving for a long time, I became a slug for a driver

emt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2003 at 4:34pm
quote:
Originally posted by webbuzzard
[br]where do you wait for the slug?

we wait for a ride / and slug by the 980 bus stop. The cars pull up on the other side of the bus stop. around 8 a.m.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic