Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change in Pentagon Pick-up Spots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change in Pentagon Pick-up Spots
    Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 6:51pm
Does anyone know who or why the signs were moved at the Pentagon pick-up for Springfield, Lorton, Horner Rd?

It seemed like it was causing mass confusion this afternoon. I didn't notice a change until I pulled up at the normal Springfield pick-up where there riders waiting. When I pulled away I noticed the sign now said Lorton/Tacketts Mill. I was there fairly earlier so I suspect it got worse later.
carsmusthaveAC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carsmusthaveAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:55pm
This afternoon was a nightmare, I dont know who did that. There was nothing out there telling us that it changed and it was complete chaos.
sydslugger269 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sydslugger269 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 9:51pm
Absolute nightmare today. Flimsy little signs (papers) saying "proposed" changes... If it is proposed then who decides if they become permanent? What is the criteria?
Spectrepilot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 7:57am
Absolutely ridiculous!

It seems it was done was zero thought process. Aside from telling people BEFORE, I don't think they even considered how this would affect flow through the South C parking lot. Sydenystryker/Rolling Valley are high volume lots, as a result, large number of cars line up to pickup SLUGS. What they have done is pushed this line of cars back into the other lines. There were cars three lanes across yesterday trying to pickup people and it is a miracle someone did not get run over.

Who did this?
Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:18am
I believe what the intent was to move the lines that had a larger volume of cars back so that the waiting cars would not block the other two lanes. However, no one knew what the proposed changes were going to be, thus, the ensuing chaos yesterday. Hopefully by week's end everyone will be aware of the change and things will start to move smoothly again. I also think this change would be implemented by whatever entity controls parking/traffic at the Pentagon.

Slugs Unite!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 12:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bodybykids

I believe what the intent was to move the lines that had a larger volume of cars back so that the waiting cars would not block the other two lanes. However, no one knew what the proposed changes were going to be, thus, the ensuing chaos yesterday. Hopefully by week's end everyone will be aware of the change and things will start to move smoothly again. I also think this change would be implemented by whatever entity controls parking/traffic at the Pentagon.

Slugs Unite!

If that was the "intent", it was a miserable fail, not only because they did not tell anyone, but because they pushed the high volume position to the middle.

A call to the Pentagon parking Management office yeilded a "we don't manage that program" response.
Tiger1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 12:47pm
It was very confusing last night and frustrating. The Pentagon Building Management manages the locations of the SLUG lines, or so I'm told. I called their office to complain and they said I needed to talk to Mr Bob Candido who was not available. I sent him an email stating all the problems we experienced and asked him to call me back. Their number if anyone is interested is 703-697-7351.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 12:52pm
robert.candido@whs.mil
Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 1:50pm
I agree with they don't manage the "Slug Program" but they do manage the parking lot, signage, traffic flow, etc. I would go with the flow for this week and if it doesn't improve, start calling and emailing.

Slugs Unite!
dejesussluglines View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dejesussluglines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by Spectrepilot

robert.candido@whs.mil

Brilliant, they need feedback! Too many people stranded last night
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic