Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC "cops" at it again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:14pm
You were able to go to court the day after you got a ticket????
bgpumpkin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgpumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:28am
As an update, I did fight this in court yesterday, and as suspected, DC ruled in favor of the "cop". The ruling was "The District of Columbia has designate certain streets and primary roads as rush hour zones to facilitate the flow of traffic into and out of the city during prime commuter hours. All arteries are to e cleared of parked and standing vehicles during these hours. The posted rush hour signs are controling on these roadways and meter parking and other parking privileges are temporarily suspended. Vehicles parked or standing in a rush hour zone are subject to citation, to removal or relocation and/or to impoundment." They found me liable but reduced the fine $50.
Spectrepilot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:22am
If things occured as you describe, I would take this to court.
bgpumpkin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgpumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:20am
Wanted to let sluggers & drivers know that DC is at it again. Last night, while making our usual commute home, which includes picking up slugs on 14th Street, in front of the Reagan Building, we recieved a $100 ticket! While coming down 14th Street, we could see the traffic control "cops" issuing tickets (not DC Metro police, but the traffic cop wanna be). Since we were behind a bus, we were stuck in the outside lane. As we approached the slug line, one of the two "cops" motioned us on. We got caught by the redlight and I asked the 2nd "cop" when this no longer became a slug pickup. He wouldn't answer my question and demanded I move on. Again, sitting at the redlight (with another SUV sitting in front of me), I asked about the slug pickup. He stated that if I didn't move, he'd write me a ticket. Since I couldn't move, I informed him that the light was red. He went behind the car and wrote the $100 ticket. When I asked why, he said I was stopped in a bus zone (at this point, was pass the bus zone & sitting at the redlight). He would not even hand me my ticket but rather put it under my windshield wiper. At that point, I got out of the car to retrieve the ticket & he threatned another ticket. When the light changed, I did pull out, but I must say, his unprofessionalism of not telling why I was originally getting a ticket and for not answering my question about the slug line was completely unnecessary. DC needs the VA commuters - we pay their high taxes on everything we buy, be it food, shopping or enjoying a show after work. You'd think they would appreciate the commuters but instead, over the last month, they are punishing the VA commuters for coming into their city. I guess if they can not figure out a way to tax us for working here, they'll just get money other ways.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic