Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC "cops" at it again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 9:17pm
They aren't going to change it. It has nothing to do with fairness or value of VA commuters. DC needs the money. That's all this is.

And CJ - I'll help you pay your ticket as soon as you change the radio to a station and volume I like and set the A/C on my preferred temp. :)
rkdohare View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkdohare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 10:13pm
The officer is doing his job. The signs are already posted at each corner of the bus stand. If people have been committing violations for long time, it doesnt make it right.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:15am
Easy solution:

Just have all the slug lines end at the Pentagon.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:32am
quote:
Originally posted by Pele

Easy solution:

And you'll be reimbursing me for the peak of the peak metro fare from the Pentagon into DC?
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 8:52am
wow someone who has to pay metro out of their own pocket instead of getting a subsidy for it. You're kinda like the mythical dragon or unicorn. You're the first person I've heard of that doesn't get a metro subsidy from their employer (be it private or government). But hey no one reimburses drivers for gas or apparently tickets from DC cops (not that I'm saying they should, just that we all have commuting costs).

CJ
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 2:34pm
quote:
Originally posted by scottt

quote:
Originally posted by Pele

Easy solution:

And you'll be reimbursing me for the peak of the peak metro fare from the Pentagon into DC?

Negative.

Think about this logically:

1.) D.C. is unfriendly to the slugging system. (No legal drop off/pick up location)
2.) HOV Ends at the Pentagon. (Express lanes between Pentagon and D.C. allow single occupancy.)
3.) Some people will still need their vehicles in the city.
4.) There is no negotiation as to what block you're dropped off at. (Pentagon has signs for drop off/pick up locations. I've seen people complain that they're dropped off at the wrong locations when slugging into D.C.)

If the D.C. government is not willing to cooperate with the slugging system, then it stands within good reason that people will stop picking up/dropping off slugs in the District.

My wife did so because she didn't know where people wanted to be dropped off at if they asked for the Dept. of Agriculture or Dept. of Education building was.

Terminating at the Pentagon seems to be the easiest way to do things.

Still beats having to pay $5.25 to the PRTC bus on top of the Metro fare... Or finding/paying for parking down town.

If you wanna discuss Metro fares though, that's for another thread. As stated by CJ, most people on here don't pay their own Metro fare.

Times to beat:
Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 4:18pm
CJ - why are you so bitter about slugs "not paying" as you always state? Don't like it? Then stop picking up slugs. It's really that simple.
I'll be looking for your jeep in the mainline as I drive by in the HOV with my slugs.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 10:00pm
Pentagon-
I don't have a problem with slugs not paying as i have said MULTIPLE times----- I SLUG AND DRIVE EQUALLY (I also come into work early too)------. In fact, I have also stated MULTIPLE times that I can only think of one time I had a problem and that was when the headrest of my back seat was stained by someone's hair product, but after a little scrubbing I got it out. i am a HUGE proponent of slugging.
To recap: What i was referring to in my last reply was that Pele suggested that all slug lines should stop at the Pentagon in order to alleviate the ticketing issue on 14th street. Someone else took umbrage because then they would have to <gasp> pay for metro fare. my response was simply that we all have commuting costs. If drivers decide the risk of a ticket is too great, they will head to the Pentagon anyway for their slugging needs.

At any rate, my hours are very flexible and I rarely pick up slugs anymore. I just come in and leave earlier, although when I do work late, I will pick up for 234 from the Pentagon. I'm also one of the people that will take 3, picks up slugs when I don't have to (if its raining or whatever) and yes, when gas was $4+ a gallon offered drivers money. So please don't tell me what I think about slugging.

CJ
Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:02pm
Easy there CJ - I'm just saying that you always seem to manage to say something about the slug's free ride. E.g. "I'm sure all the folks who slug from 14th street will chip in and pay your ticket, since we have all heard how equal the system is." from you on 18 Aug.

Since you post something similar to that fairly often, I surmised that you don't feel the slugging system is fair toward drivers. I could be wrong but I doubt it...

But hey no problem, you're free to your opinions, and you're probably not alone in them. My point is simply that you are always free to not participate. No one is forcing you.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:23pm
^

It ain't fair at all to the drivers... Another reason people don't have to take freeloaders any further than they have to; IE the Pentagon.

And they shouldn't have to have any more hassle than necessary... IE anywhere without a nice cushy pick up and drop off location like the Pentagon.

It ain't fair to the drivers I tell ya.

Not gonna stop me from asking, "Mind taking a third."
Just like the "Take a penny, Leave a penny" tray or the free samples at Costco's food section.

More people take than give.

Times to beat:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic