Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC "cops" at it again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 12:00pm
quote:
Originally posted by Pentagon1

Easy there CJ - I'm just saying that you always seem to manage to say something about the slug's free ride. E.g. "I'm sure all the folks who slug from 14th street will chip in and pay your ticket, since we have all heard how equal the system is." from you on 18 Aug.

Since you post something similar to that fairly often, I surmised that you don't feel the slugging system is fair toward drivers. I could be wrong but I doubt it...

But hey no problem, you're free to your opinions, and you're probably not alone in them. My point is simply that you are always free to not participate. No one is forcing you.

Pentagon,
Wow. Are you still irked about a comment from almost a month ago? You don't even address what I said in my last post about slugging and driving equally. Obviously I don't have problems with slugs, since I am one about 33% of the time. I know it's much easier to just repeat your opinion of me from months ago over and over ad nauseum but seriously, it's getting old.

What's really funny, is that Pele, bless his heart, is a slug and freely admits that as a slug, he thinks that slugs are getting the better end of the deal. Yet no snarky comments to him. Hmmm.
CJ
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 7:49pm
^

Hey now, I drive occasionally, when I need a vehicle in the city; It's much less often since my wife has changed employers... But I do still drive occasionally.

I'd say 75/25... So it doesn't completely make up for it.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 10:22pm
No worries Pele, I'm not saying anything against you, just commented on how I appear to be the target of Pentagon's snarkiness.[:D]

CJ
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 11:41am
I've learned to deal with snarkiness in the best way possible...
By looking for a date in the D.C. area. You get lots of practice and compete against experts.

Lotta good that did me after I found my wife in Radford, VA.

Times to beat:
Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 7:12pm
Come on CJ, pick one. You constantly post how you think slugs have the better end of the deal. Feel free to go back and look. Then when I call you on it, you say that you don't really believe that, contrary to almost all of your previous posts. Then you state, IN THE SAME POST EVEN, that someone else agrees with you that slugs have it better but I don't get "snarky" (is that the right word? My Internet-Cool-Word-Lookup isn't working as well as yours) with him. So please, just pick one argument and stick with it.

Pele - you're wrong. It's equal. There, CJ, are you happy? :)

Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 7:19pm
And yeah it is getting a bit old. So stop continually posting stereotypical and snarky (that's my new word now) comments about slugs so I won't be inclined to continuously call you on it. :)

/thread over.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 8:03pm
whatever

CJ
gttime44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gttime44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 11:49am
I received the same ticket, issued also by officer Dohare, on August 24. I can confirm that he was very rude.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 12:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by Pentagon1

Come on CJ, pick one. You constantly post how you think slugs have the better end of the deal. Feel free to go back and look. Then when I call you on it, you say that you don't really believe that, contrary to almost all of your previous posts. Then you state, IN THE SAME POST EVEN, that someone else agrees with you that slugs have it better but I don't get "snarky" (is that the right word? My Internet-Cool-Word-Lookup isn't working as well as yours) with him. So please, just pick one argument and stick with it.

Pele - you're wrong. It's equal. There, CJ, are you happy? :)

"Snarky" is indeed a word - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snarky

And I don't believe it is equal...

Slug PRO:
Free Ride

Slug CON:
Have to ride in a random car
Have to wait for a ride

Driver PRO:
HOV3 - Drive home at 70 while the suckers are still stuck in the mainline parking lot.

Driver CON:
Pays for fuel, vehicle maintenance, insurance premiums, etc.
Has to put up with people bitching about how clean your car is or why you didn't get a 4 door...

Seems to me that the financial burden falls on the driver.

Granted, you won't catch me putting anything in any "tip jar" that a driver puts out... Just sayin'

Times to beat:
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 2:18pm
quote:

Driver CON:
Pays for fuel, vehicle maintenance, insurance premiums, etc.
Has to put up with people bitching about how clean your car is or why you didn't get a 4 door...

Seems to me that the financial burden falls on the driver.

I don't agree that there is more than a nominal financial burden to the driver in picking up slugs, if there is indeed any burden at all. I pay for fuel, vehicle maintenance, insurance, etc. whether I pick up slugs or not. Wear and tear for carrying two passengers 40 miles is negligible, as is the additional fuel cost over and above what I would be paying anyway. I'm not sure that those negligible costs are not fully offset by being relieved of the costs of sitting in stop and go traffic for those 40 miles, either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic