Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rosslyn Flier Distribution -Urgent!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosslyn Flier Distribution -Urgent!
    Posted: 13 Mar 2002 at 8:20am
All Rosslyn slugs should be handing out fliers on the new slug-line location to DRIVERS on every trip. I have spoken to numerous drivers over the past few days and NONE of them knew anything about the slug-line move! Please give out the NEW map (just posted yesterday) that shows the drivers how to access the new line. They must turn left on 19th Street from Moore and go down a side road next to Ft Myer Drive that almost no one has ever been on.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2002 at 10:07am
Right on, Bob. We need to make sure every driver gets a copy of the new flier. Give them to the drivers who give you a ride home and the ones who drive you to Rosslyn in the morning. I'm making several copies to distribute on the line, too. Every slug should take a walk over to the new location so you can answer drivers' questions and point out how to get onto the service road where the lines will be located. Remember, we are on foot so it's a lot easier for us to check it out and be informed. If drivers can't readily find the new lines they could get confused and frustrated and just drive over to the Pentagon for riders. Let's all do our part and make this work.
Patricia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2002 at 10:14am
I made 20 copies of the new rosslyn slug line location map and passed the stack up the rosslyn line yesteday afternoon (take one & pass the rest on style). Almost everyone in line was happy to receive the information and will, hopefully, share. I've made 30 copies for this afternoon also. Hopefully, this will help get the word out to drivers and slugs alike.

Patricia
Tackett's/Rosslyn lines
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2002 at 8:34pm
This is great! I want to thank everybody for helping out. This is why there have been so many articles and stories written about slugging - it's simply people helping people.

Again, thanks and with everyones help this will be a smooth transition.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2002 at 1:09pm
I just walked over to the new location. There are "No Parking" signs newly erected (by the line of parked cars) that seem to indicate the location for the lines. There are some awnings there that will provide some degree of shelter in bad weather.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2002 at 1:44pm
I wonder if anyone is planning on passing out fliers to drivers at the old slug site in the pm on Monday and possibly additional days. It looks like we are on our own with this. I guess I can volunteer to hand out fliers and give directions, etc from 4 to 4:30 Monday. I am just thinking about cars pulling up and no one there...We may need this all next week. However, if a temporary sign is put up, we may not need it as much.

Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2002 at 12:57pm
On Friday, we had an Arlington officer at the Rosslyn slug line handing out fliers to cars. Interestingly, we also had a video cameraman taking pictures. (Don't know which channel). The officer said that he would be back out this week. I don't know if he will be handing out fliers or tickets. I hope they have the common sense to hold off on ticketing. It could easily take a couple of weeks to transition, since some drivers have been out of town or don't regularly pick up here.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic