Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rule needs to be added to "Sluggers Etiquette"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rule needs to be added to "Sluggers Etiquette"
    Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 4:07pm
Okay - so I'm new to the world o' slugs, and slowly but surely I'm learning all the minutia. I've gone through the forums and read the rules on what I am supposed to do and not do - however I think there needs to be just ONE MORE RULE added to the list of rules...and this rule is for drivers. What's that, you ask?

Well, I am aware that these are tough times and not everyone can afford a new this or late model that....and this rule is not singling out just the older model cars....IF YOU HAVE A TWO DOOR VEHICLE, MAKE SURE YOUR VEHICLE'S BACKSEAT IS EASILY ACCESIBLE OR DON'T BOTHER PICKING UP SLUGS!! I wear a suit and tie to work every day, and the last thing I want to do is have to slither and squirm my way into a the backseat of a two door anything and wrinkle my suit in the process. That is all. Thank you. [:D]

** you're more than welcome to chime in on this!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 4:29pm
Please remember that you can always pass on any ride offered to you in a slug line. The next person in the line may not mind getting into the back seat of a 2-door car. And the next car may be a 4-door with easy entrance and exit to help avoid suit wrinkling.

Ain't sluggin'a wonderful thing?
[;)]
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 5:45pm
what a condescending post. Well "Mr-I-wear-a-suit-and-tie-so-please-have-the-proper-car-for-me-to-get-into", you are well within your rights to pass up on a car for whatever reason, including you don't want your designer suits wrinkly. Small cars can be cramped, but your entire tone, ironically, displays both entitlement and elitism. Get over yourself.

CJ
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:49pm
Simple solution is to stop wearing suits to work.

Jeans and a T-shirt is much more practical and comfortable solution...

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
Dale H View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:55am
I don't ride in cramped back seats due to arthritic knees. When a two door comes up, I politely step back and let the next person in line take it if they want. No problem.

Dale H
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 9:30am
To the OP: Don't you take your jacket off to ride in a car anyway? I no longer wear a suit most days, but any time I do wear one, or if I wear a blue blazer instead, I always take it off and fold it over and put it on the back seat. If I were the slug rider, I'd take it off, fold it over, and carry it (setting it on the seat next to me if the seat were empty). The only time I wear a jacket/blazer when in a car is if I'm in a taxi or if it's wintertime and I have on an overcoat over the suit, but even that's rare for me because I prefer to use my seat heater for warmth when driving.

I just don't follow your concern about wrinkling your suit when the problem is so easy to avoid.

But with that said, if you want to wear your jacket, the other people are right in suggesting that you just pass on the ride if it's a two-door car. Don't feel that you need to give an excuse, either. You don't.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 9:52am
I hear you, MrV! When I bought my current vehicle a couple of years ago one of the "must have" features was 4 doors with easy access and plenty of room in the back, because I was going to be using it for carpooling and picking up slugs when necessary. I even sat back there myselfto check it out. [:)]
MrV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:34am
MrV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 12:00pm
quote:
Originally posted by MrV

ooohhh....I get it...i can be called an elitist and condescending but i cant reply in kind? got it. thanks!
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 12:09pm
"Edited by - getmehome pweeze on 02 Sep 2010 08:42:23"

Aww. I wanna hear what this guy has to whine about.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic