Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alexandria to DC slug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alexandria to DC slug?
    Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 11:34am
Hello,
There are so many of us who must take a bus and then the metro into DC every day, and then take the return. It really takes a lot out of the day because both the bus and now the metro only run about every 10 minutes. If you miss both, you lose 20 minutes easily.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has thought about a slug from the Parkfairfax area into downtown DC.

If not, is anyone interested in starting/joining this route?
Blondigrl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondigrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 2:54pm
This might not work only because of the fact that Parkfairfax is so close to DC. The commute by car, even in crazy traffic, into DC is usually not more than 30 mins. If I can find an affordable babysitter in the area, count me in! So far I've been driving into Springfield to drop off my son and slugging back into DC![:)]
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 11:17am
Approach management companies of shopping centers on Seminary Road about setting aside some parking spaces for commuters. If they allot the spaces, choose an intersection in DC for the commute home (warning - don't start a slug line on 14th St; DCDOT is moving a majority of the 14th St. slug lines to NY Ave, 13th St. or Madison Pl.) Put up flyers around your neighborhood announcing the start date of the slug line. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic