Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cirque de soleil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvnslgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cirque de soleil
    Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 11:54am
I was waiting in the Tacketts line yesterday pm at the Pentagon, when a black sedan drove up. I do not remember the make/model, but it had darkly tinted windows. The passenger opened the door, and basically unfolded herself out of the car. When I looked in the backseat, there was a car seat and a lot of stuff in the back seat. The passenger seat was shifted very far back and almost completely reclined. After about 3 minutes, the passenger manages to get out and open a small space for me to squeeze through. I politely declined, and she appears to have gotten peeved, presumably because she had taken the time to get out. I waited for the next car. The two riders appeared confused and just sat in the road (people had to drive around them). As I waited on the sidewalk, another driver approached. He had an SUV w/2 car seats, but his area for slugs was clean and free of encumberances. He was willing to accommodate riders getting into his car. I got in with no problem. As we waited, another rider approached the sedan. Based on body language, the same exchange took place, and the rider moved on to us and hopped in, confirming the same sequence of events. I say all this to say that riders appreciate the rides. It is a wonderful service. But please, no matter how we may appear, most people draw limits at compacting themselves to half their body size to squeeze in and out of a crawlspace, even for a 20-30 min ride. A little consideration on both sides goes a long way!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic