Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE PENTAGON TO MINE ROAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE PENTAGON TO MINE ROAD
    Posted: 21 May 2003 at 3:32pm
I am trying to establish a line going to Mine Road on Route 610 in the evenings from the Pentagon. There is too much confusion in the evenings with slugs needing to get over to the Mine Road lot. I think the process would flow much smoother if we had two seperate lines (one for the Old 610 lot and one for the Mine Road lot). This would make for a much easier commute home and I am quite sure that there are so many people that live back that way that there won't be a problem with getting a ride back there, in fact some people prefer it!! If anyone has any ideas about how to get a sign put up at the Pentagon, please let me know.
diamond View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2003 at 4:03pm
quote:
Originally posted by SlugBuddy
[br]I am trying to establish a line going to Mine Road on Route 610 in the evenings from the Pentagon. There is too much confusion in the evenings with slugs needing to get over to the Mine Road lot. I think the process would flow much smoother if we had two seperate lines (one for the Old 610 lot and one for the Mine Road lot). This would make for a much easier commute home and I am quite sure that there are so many people that live back that way that there won't be a problem with getting a ride back there, in fact some people prefer it!! If anyone has any ideas about how to get a sign put up at the Pentagon, please let me know.

I am also in agreement with forming 2 lines as well. I pick up from Crystal City daily and run into a lot of trouble. I pick up slugs to save time. I have to back track as is it is to pick up slug at CC then to have to drop people off at 610 north lot (which usually takes anywhere from 10-15 mins to get out of) then to make another stop and add on another 5-8 mins it adds up to sometimes oveeer half an hour. I do not mind to drop people at the 610 south lot but I do not like making the 2 stops. I am finding that people just get in the car and then later tell you they are going to 610 south. One man consisistently does this and then wants to be dropped at his car. I am not running a taxi service. People should just change their signs to 610 north and 610 south. This way it gives the driver the option to make his or her choice.
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2003 at 4:28pm
I always ask before I get in but some people tell me no and I don't feel safe trying to cross Route 610 so I sometimes have to lose my turn several times to find a driver that will take me there. I try to meet up with others that I know go there so that we can ride together and that works sometimes but I can't always find someone. I think this will make the line flow so much better in the evenings. Any idea on where to call to get a sign for Mine Road?
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 9:31am
I have had one person turn me down from the Pentagon and they felt it necessary to give me a reason (which I thought considerate) why they couldn't take me to Mine Road. I always ask before I get into the car.

I really wish we had our own sign to stand by. I know that when I drive that I would pick people up for that spot over any other because I live back there, plus it's easier to get out of. I mean if 630 can get a sign (no one even uses that)...why can't Mine Road?
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 3:05pm
Here's an idea. Try posting a message or something on the board to make sure that no one will mind if you do this, but here goes: Since no one uses the 630 sign, put something (hopefully weather resistant) over the 630 sign to change it to Mine Road. It's quick, efficient, and would most likely be effective. Heck, I'd rather pick up for Mine Road folks. Getting outta there would be a dream compared to the old lot!!
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 3:12pm
There are actually people who do slug from Route 630 that I have seen standing there and I don't think that would be very fair to them. I have asked the PBMO (Pentagon Bldg. Mgmt. Office) to put up a new sign for us Mine Road folks. I know that there are alot of people who find Mine Road more convenient so I think it will work well for everyone if we get our own sign!! I would like an idea though of how many people slug to/from there.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 4:15pm
In the morning, when do drivers start picking up at Mine Road?
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2003 at 9:56am
I believe they start picking up there around 7:15. Though the old 610 lot fills up by 6:50 on most days. To me it makes more sense to utilize the Mine Road Lot than to park illegally and risk being towed. I have caught rides from the Mine Road lot as late as 8:45 in the morning!!
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2003 at 2:44pm
I got to the Mine Road lot this morning at about 7:00 and there were two cars in front of me. I have no idea how long they had been waiting though.

People usually flow over there after the other lot fills up. I would rather pick up for that lot in the evening though and pick up in the morning because it is just a million times easier.

Who do you need to ask at the Pentagon to get a sign and how do you get ahold of them?
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2003 at 4:28pm
I have spoke to two people regarding the sign and I was told they are going to try to put one up for Mine Road but they have to make sure they have enough room to put it in there. They don't want to put it too close to the end because that's where everyone has to merge in with the other traffic and they don't want to crowd the other 610 line. They are actually supposed to move all the Pentagon slug lines by the end of summer and the Mine Road folks will definitely have a sign then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic