Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potomac Bad Rider Experience - Your Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
marchf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 1:14pm
Perhaps we shud set up kangaroo court review pannels to police these issues. I think that would be fun and provide meaningful due process for these situations and the issue where someone was caught cutting in line. We could do this like an honor court and even appoint counsel for each side and set up a separate appeal board with a briefing schedule. This would be in a "self appointed" capacity. This process would be totally faire and quote useful.
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 12:05pm
"I am a new rider...... I never had an incident until this distasteful experience"

Last note - I am curious how a "new rider" can state that they "never had an incident until this distasteful experience." What does that mean? You rode for a week and never had an incident? Or a day? Not a very good success rate in that case. Just my curiosity getting the better of me! I just don't like seeing allegations that don't make sense and if you're going to make them, please be prepared to explain.
jpw58 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 11:52am
To AngloAustrian

Thank you for enlightening me about the 'chance encouter' allegation issue. I was unaware. I think my post and explanation speaks for itself. What this comes down to seems to be a he said, she said explanation that can be interpreted either way. I stand by my statement that I was nothing but courteous and respectful in my request to the rider, with no 'orders' given or in fact any conversation made until my polite request, and will leave it at that. Hopefully this rider has read the rules, interpreted them correctly, and will be more mindful in other vehicles in the future. I continue to have folks in my car that appreciate the ride and make it an enjoyable and safe experience commuting to and from work.

jpw58
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 8:29am
quote:
Originally posted by AngloAustrian

Yes, but you said in your first response to jpw, "As soon as I got in your car you were giving me orders including not to put my make up on." I and another poster have asked you to provide more information about this allegation, which would help prove your credibility, and yet you have still not done so. We are trying to understand exactly what happened. The only reason I noted the similarities between the two posts is that they are, indeed, amazingly similar (the to and from locations, the style of writing, the demand to be dropped on the 95, the threat to call the police, the ignorance of slugging rules, the allegation of unreasonable behavior on the part of the driver which did not make sense when carefully evaluated [so far], the "chance encounter" of this board to post allegations, all of which jpw presumably did not know about. The only difference that I can tell, unless the jpw says otherwise, is that the other passenger/complainant was expecting a baby) and it is not a "witch hunt" - it is to protect drivers and sluggers alike who unwittingly share a ride with unstable people who deviate from the rules and disrupt the commute, which can be dangerous and distressing for all. You did not deny that you threatened to call the police, which in itself, is completely unreasonable unless your life is in danger.
Please let us know exactly what the driver did that was unreasonable. If you cannot, or will not, then we must draw our own conclusions.

Exaclty. Couldn't have said it better.
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 8:25am
Yes, but you said in your first response to jpw, "As soon as I got in your car you were giving me orders including not to put my make up on." I and another poster have asked you to provide more information about this allegation, which would help prove your credibility, and yet you have still not done so. We are trying to understand exactly what happened. The only reason I noted the similarities between the two posts is that they are, indeed, amazingly similar (the to and from locations, the style of writing, the demand to be dropped on the 95, the threat to call the police, the ignorance of slugging rules, the allegation of unreasonable behavior on the part of the driver which did not make sense when carefully evaluated [so far], the "chance encounter" of this board to post allegations, all of which jpw presumably did not know about. The only difference that I can tell, unless the jpw says otherwise, is that the other passenger/complainant was expecting a baby) and it is not a "witch hunt" - it is to protect drivers and sluggers alike who unwittingly share a ride with unstable people who deviate from the rules and disrupt the commute, which can be dangerous and distressing for all. You did not deny that you threatened to call the police, which in itself, is completely unreasonable unless your life is in danger.
Please let us know exactly what the driver did that was unreasonable. If you cannot, or will not, then we must draw our own conclusions.
slk2010 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slk2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 9:00pm
I am a new rider and had I known the rules [:I]... In fact, after the incident, I looked for the rules and that is how I found this website but also found her comments, which I felt compeled to reply to. I don't have a problem with following the rules ... is nothing compared to the great benefit I get. As for those who were not in the car ... the rider did not "kindly requested" me not to put makeup on in her vehicle and any of the other stuff she said. As for the comment "I'm going to check out the post you referred to, to see if it resembles the passenger and will let you know" Is this a "witch hunt" I hope not ... but is not me because I never had an incident until this distasteful experience. Thanks to those who read her comments and reserved their opinions.
jpw58 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 4:07pm
Hello folks, not able to reply until today, but my thanks to all those who replied with the bottom line .. read the rules ... and understood where I was coming from. As a restatement, I simply and kindly requested her to not put makeup on in my vehicle. No orders given [Anglo - I love your description of my supposed instantaneous orders - maybe it was my car talking:)] just a courteous request to an obviously inconsiderate individual who totally misstated the facts here. It's over and yes, I'll not be picking that rider up again. Anglo.. I'm going to check out the post you referred to, to see if it resembles the passenger and will let you know. Safe rides everyone.

jpw58
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 12:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze

I always hesitate to believe a thread from a new-comer posting a complaint...

Hope you don't take this wrong but are you saying you would be faster to believe someone posting a complaint who has a 1000+ posts? Didn't they have to start as a newcomer too? Just a thought. [:D]

Now I too could not believe both parties partcicipated in this but this can't have been the first time. I have noticed the other party has not responded since the first reply.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 10:11am
I always hesitate to believe a thread from a new-comer posting a complaint...especially when another member of the story just so happens to find this site, the thread, join, and fight back...

With that said- make-up being applied in a car is a BIG no no...

My suggestion to newer sluggers is if you are here, utilize the site and READ THE RULES.

Happy Friday everyone!

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 1:44pm
hehehe

quote:
Originally posted by Pele

Just wait till they start applying makeup and mash the gas or brake really quick.

They'll say, "Damnit, can't you drive properly." and the perfect comeback is , "Damnit, can't you put that on later? Besides, it's not doing much for your face anyway."

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)

Nic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic